Hello! New Member with a serious problem... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skypilot 69
  • 1 Post By ThrasherSOWT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Hello! New Member with a serious problem...

Hi all!

Glad to be here, just getting to post in here, and get going on the forum.

Unfortunately there's a lot of bad news to my introduction, but more on that in a minute.

I'm the proud owner of a 2013 pre-owned, lightly modified Versys, and have been very pleased with it so far!

To get to the unfortunate part...

About two months ago, I was helping in the shop I work at, lifting some stuff, and whatever I did caused some pretty serious damage, and now I'm staring down the barrel of spinal fusion surgery or worse.
I can't climb onto the bike any more, and even when I still could, I couldn't support the weight on my left leg after only a month.

Honestly, I'm here to try and sell her...
I hate to say that, but I may not ride for years...

So hello, and maybe goodbye?

Thanks - T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherSOWT View Post
Hi all!

Unfortunately there's a lot of bad news to my introduction, but more on that in a minute.

I'm the proud owner of a 2013 pre-owned, lightly modified Versys, and have been very pleased with it so far!

About two months ago, I was helping in the shop I work at, lifting some stuff, and whatever I did caused some pretty serious damage, and now I'm staring down the barrel of spinal fusion surgery or worse.
I can't climb onto the bike any more, and even when I still could, I couldn't support the weight on my left leg after only a month.

Thanks - T
If you intend to sell your bike, It would help if you posted a picture, give asking price, and reveal where the bike is located. Good luck with the sell, and we wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery.
turn8a likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

List all The Farkles

As in the other post, as much info as possible, including the tires and any modifications. You will need to wait 48 hours and you need 2 posts. An injury is never planned, and many times can be life changing, however real progress is being made in the medical field, sometimes it is best to get a second opinion. Hopefully you recover to be able to ride again.

If you can , post pictures , please do so, there are restrictions in the settings of this forum, however some new members are able to post pictures. I can move your posts to For Sale thread and anyone interested can PM you.

Last edited by onewizard; 01-02-2017 at 09:05 AM.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

For Sale 2013 650 Versys

Quote:
Hi all!

Thanks - T
So you can make a second post here in member introductions , listing everything as has been suggested, don't reply to any of us in that post, I will move it to the For sale Forum, if you have trouble uploading pictures PM me.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, no, I'm not trying to sell here, I'm just getting started and I'll be spreading myself around the rest of the forum as well, but just stating the obvious from the get-go!

Thanks for the advice!

I'll see what I can do, and thanks again!

EDIT:

I also can't seem to add photos. Possibly, mine are too large. I will investigate.

Last edited by ThrasherSOWT; 01-02-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Addd info
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Here she is. Very nice bike, and I like it!

Thanks - T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1222161708(1).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	111362   Click image for larger version

Name:	1222161706d(1).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	111370   Click image for larger version

Name:	1222161706b(1).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	111378   Click image for larger version

Name:	1222161706(1).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	111386   Click image for larger version

Name:	1222161705(1).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	111394  

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Not For Sale??

Quote:
Oh yeah, no, I'm not trying to sell here, I'm just getting started and I'll be spreading myself around the rest of the forum as well, but just stating the obvious from the get-go!

Thanks for the advice!

I'll see what I can do, and thanks again!

EDIT:

I also can't seem to add photos. Possibly, mine are too large. I will investigate.
So now I am confused, it is not for sale? Or you just want to poke around for a while and decide later on advice from other members ( which is what I would advise)?

Those are really good photos, and the tires look like PR-2

Last edited by onewizard; 01-02-2017 at 03:45 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, just trying not to be pushy and seem like an opportunistic jerk in my intro post.

It will be for sale, yes, and it is, on Cycletrader and Craigslist Orlando, and will be here later.

I wanted to intro myself properly, go through the paces and do things right, and then get to that.

I own a car, so I'm not in any shocking hurry, even though my car is really painful to drive...

So yes? I guess? LOL

I'll do a proper "for sale" later!

Thanks - T
turn8a likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM

Welcome, and I hope you are able to recover from your injury.

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

So - selling it WITH the Claymore...?

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

I was like "What's he on about..." And I had to look at the pic, but yeah, no, the sticker unfortunately went south in the removal. Had a lot of leftover sticker packs from the first year of Ballistic and my sub to them!

I will include a crap ton of free Motorcycle Superstore stickers, as if everyone on here doesn't probably have a million...

Thanks - T
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear about the back.

I had a back injury 28 years ago at work. Surgery 25 years ago. changed careers to a desk job 23 years ago.

Just had my second back surgery 4 weeks ago. Once you get whatever needs to be fixed corrected, you will need to live a regimented life of exercise and diet to retain a quality of life. I was told 25 years ago that I would probably need a fusion within 10 years. I made it 25 before getting a herniated disk, and so far the microdisectomy seems to be correcting the problem. Won't really know until the 6 month point.

Good luck.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode