Hi from the "Land Down Under" - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi Wozzamatta
Ive had my v for about 7 month now. Its a 2011 one. I pick up for $11200.00
ride away. Im from Bathurst nsw . Had to go to Sydney to get for this price.
What im say Price around. There are dealers there out with them and keen for a sale. Just got to find them.I went through the same thing. I must be lucky. Ive seen three of them here in Bathurst.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by mpj77 View Post
Well guys I joined for the same reason you did mate. I'm keen on buying a Versys myself for the commute into town (Melbourne City) but cannot seem to locate a dealer willing / or that has one in stock to try beofre I buy. Im not keen on parting with my cash if I dont like.

How did you go yourself with locating one?
Sorry I can't help you locte one, but as an Aussie born in Melbourne I can tell you they are a GREAT bike

I moved to Bright at a young age and would love to take one up to Hotham / Falls Creek / Dargo High Plains on the weekend after using it as an every day commuter.

BC is beautiful, but I miss the NE of Vic.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Just can,t help myself with a title like 'down under'
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM

Have you been using this service on the Kawasaki site?
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by wozzamatta View Post
Hi bigaussie, no problem tracking down a Versys as the local stealer had 2 on the floor a month ago, its just that I have never seen one actually being ridden.

I'm in Melbourne so on road costs a bit cheaper than other states but a Versys will still cost me $12,892 on road which sucks when you can see that our A$ almost equals a US$ at the moment (US$1=A98cents).

Be gentle with the locals mate
I visited your fair city in 2002 and purchased a Tiger Angel suit. Still wearing it today!

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Do you still have your Versys Boogs? I'm up in Marmion, ride the Versys into Subiaco every day and just getting the FI issues sorted on it with help from the forum. I have only ever seen one other Versys in Perth. I hope I can sell the thing when the time comes. I don't think I'll buy another Kawasaki, even though I have 2.

Keep her lit!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 AM
I'd be surprised if you can't get a better price than that. If they are only selling around 85 bikes a year Australia wide, any dealer with two on the floor should be about ready to do a deal.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey, mate!

About the price... I got my Versys used, but just before that local dealers offered 2012 model (ABS LAMS) for 11,500 on road. Also about a month ago Kawi offered $1000 price pull-back for V, and it's still on. So, theoretically, you should be looking for about $10,500 deal.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Ah, yeah, and it's also in Sydney (castle hill).
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
G'day wozza,
in September Kawasaki dropped a grand on the Versys, that's when I got mine. In January they had a package which consisted of the panniers, larger screen and tank gel protector. I know this doesn't help you now what I'm saying is they sometimes discount or value add so if your not in a hurry you might get a good deal early next year. On the other hand the current (2013) model is a god awful brown mess, maybe you can get a deal on a 2012?
Good luck
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode