Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Greetings

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  marksm 
#1 ·
New here. I don't have a bike at the moment. I'm researching the options.

#3 ·
:welcome:

#6 ·
New here. I don't have a bike at the moment. I'm researching the options.
What are you looking for in a bike?

What I want to know as well.

The Versys falls into the faux adventure, or street adventure category of motorcycles. It looks like an adventure bike, has the ergonomics of an adventure bike, but is intended for the less than stellar roads that urban and northern rural areas have to deal with.

There are a few bikes in this category with some models leaning more towards adding fire roads to the adventure, while others go all the way to off road exploring.

Honda has the 500X and 700/750X models. They get better fuel economy than the Versys and make good commuters, but have lackluster performance and suspension. Valve checks are pretty frequent.

Yamaha has the FJ09, and the FJ07(not in US). Similar bike to the Versys.

Suzuki has the Vstrom. 19 inch front wheel, better pillion accommodation. More relaxed riding position.

Triumph Tiger 800 has a full line up of sweet triple powertrain bikes, but dealer support and price are negative aspects, but they are superior adventure bikes.

Ducati is releasing a smaller multistrada to compete in the midrange adventure market.

And of course there is BMW.

In my opinion, the Versys is the sportier bike. The 1st and 2nd Gen bikes ride more like supermotos when riding the twisty mountain roads.

Test ride as many as you can. That is the only way you really know.

Some will try and say that the Versys is fine off road, but you can find videos of GSXR SS bikes, and Harleys riding off road too.

#9 ·
Welcome From Canada

:welcome: to a forum of knowledgeable bike riders, a wealth of knowledge here, and usually less than 8 hours for answers to almost anything.

#12 ·
OK: here's some challenges for the members...

:welcome: to a forum of knowledgeable bike riders, a wealth of knowledge here, and usually less than 8 hours for answers to almost anything.
a) Cold Fusion.
b) Goading Congress into i) DOING something. ii) DOING the RIGHT thing.
c) Fixing widespread stupid.
d) Dogs and Cats living together peacefully.
e) The Middle East.

I'll think of more, but this is a good start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.