Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New from Mission Viejo, SoCal

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Komoshn22 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,
Long time lurker first time poster. The short of the story is that I've been riding since 1972 with a few years break due to kids, career, etc. My few past bikes were 2002 BMW R1150RT, 1974 Honda CB750 (my first crush), 2003 BMW R1150 GS Adv, 2014 BMW R1200 RT, 2002 BMW K1200RS and then due to financial reasons and a few spine surgeries no bikes for a couple of years.

Here is the beloved Air-Head that I miss so much

I was blessed to receive a 2008 Kawi Versys with salvaged title and many missing parts for free from a friend. I have titled it in CA now and I am almost complete with the rebuilt and some mods. I have to say, I never thought I'd ever own on a 650 Kawasaki especially due to my history with beemers and being used to large size bikes. I also now have to admit that during my short test rides of the local canyons, I am very impressed with the V. I have mocked-up my bike prior to building it and I think I like the look, if might say so myself :) You'll be seeing some posts soon. Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 · (Edited)
New from Orange County, CA

2nd post here! I guess I'm officially a member now. Right?

Well, I guess this would be considered my second post to get me started. But so its not just all text.....here is look at my last creation. A 74' Honda CB750 which I resto-mod'ed, all work including paint and tank denting (Resto-mod is that even a word?) and lived to watch it go away from my frozen hands on the handlebars :frown2::crying: But I'm back riding on a Versys now:laugh2: Enjoy

#4 ·
Welcome from The Land Of Ice & Snow

:welcome: Nice of you to post, just curious, you have been a member for some time?

Reactions: Komoshn22
#5 ·
Nice Video...Loved the bike. Was that Cooks Corner I saw you go by??

#6 ·
:welcome:

#7 ·
Onewizard, no I just became a member hours ago, though throughout the years of have ran motorcycle forums as admin and have multiple blogs.

As I have dumping a bike is recurring event when going off road, I can not afford damaging hard aluminum panniers anymore. So this time around I've decided to go with the excellent waterproof Wolfman Luggage Expedition bags attached to Rotopax fuel containers and SW-Motech EVO Quick locks. These carry a lot of stuff while saving the bike when going down.

Thank you and happy trails

#10 ·
Yep, I normally go right by it. Use to stop if riding with a group to meet other folks there. Use to ride with a couple of Harley Guys that hated riding freeway so went went by there leaving Huntington Beach to get to Ortega Hwy.

#11 ·
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:From Central Ontario, seems to be a flurry of new members joining this week.

Reactions: Komoshn22
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.