1st Motorcycle

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Got my first motorcycle its a 2009 Kawasaki versys 650

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:welcome:

My first (and only bike) is a 2007 V which I got in 2009 with 14,000 km on the clock

I have put more than 50,000 km on it now, including Alaska last summer. At 64,500+ kms it is running better now than when I got it.

#4 ·
I have the riding gear from earlier this summer when I did the motorcycle safety course. Just happened to find a good deal now instead of waiting for the spring to buy a motorcycle. Have started getting a bit more warmer gear though. There was frost on it this morning.

#8 ·
Welcome from another grey 2009 Versys owner.

While attending Lakehead University in Thunder Bay I remember a snowfall on Halloween night that "stayed" until spring. Hopefully you won't have an early snowfall this year and will get to enjoy your new bike before winter sets in.

#9 ·
Happy riding from another 09 owner who just started riding again at the age of 60. Yeah, you better start bundling up. Get some Oxford heaterz grips and hand guards, or the heated grips ans some of those big mitts. Look for posts from WelJoe in the past with pictures.

#11 ·
Welcome!

#20 ·
I usually fire mine up before I start putting on my gear. By the time I'm ready to go the bike is just about there too. I was told by the dealer that it only needed to get the injectors up to 105 degrees for it to be ready to go. But it does seem to get much warmer than that before the idle comes down.

#16 ·
I have a rear stand but it picks the bike up by the swing arm and i needed to remove the rear shock to get the link out. This meant i had to lift the bike somehow to take weight off of the rear shock. Wish I had a garage to support the bike with ratchet straps to the rafters.

#21 ·
#24 ·
Real easy, to take link out, the bolt may be too long, hopefully you have the original bolt. Go to MotoWerk site, scissor jack between the tire and underside of top of bike.https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1..._Install_Instructions.pdf?3493357159767210442

And no need for anything else like a pit stand, unless you are hoping to drop it like JDRocks.
So I can use a car jack and swap the lowering link on my Versys being supported by the kick stand? I don't know if it's me or if it's the wording but I am confused🙇🏽

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.