Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from a new rider whose first bike is a 2014 versys 650

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BayouVersys 
#1 ·
I bought a brand new 2014 versys 650 this month for $5000.

This is my first bike I'm a brand new rider. I figure a versys 650 would be s good starter bike for me because I'm over 300 lbs. So far I'm having a blast, put on the first 600 miles on it in about 2 weeks. Now I'm just waiting for the dealership to have the 600 mile service done.

I actually went over 600 miles to 662 and i have not had the 600 mile service done, am I at risk of voiding the warranty? I scheduled the service right at 600 miles but it was like 2.5 weeks out and I put on a few more miles. If I am at risk, what can I do to keep it under warranty?

#2 · (Edited)
Don't worry about the warranty. 62 miles over is no big deal. You can do the 600 mile service yourself just document it with receipts and photos. I accidentally threw my receipt away so i took photos and made a video when i did my service on my V-1000.....

#3 ·
I dont think I am mechanically inclined enough yet to do the service my self, but does that mean I dont have to go to the dealership to get it done, like I can go to my own mechanic who will charge less than the dealership? My mechanic is not a Kawasaki certified mechanic does that matter as long as he takes pictures of his work and gives me receipts?

#4 ·
Photos are nice if you do the work yourself. Just make sure you get a receipt from them with what they did to the bike. Its basically an oil & filter change. Checking for loose bolts,Chain maintenance and checking the cables.

#6 ·
Welcome! See if the mechanic will let you watch doing the oil change so you can learn some stuff. Watching videos can be very helpful if you already have some skills, getting to see it in real life when your green really makes a difference. Enjoy your new ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.