Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from Samui, Thailand!

900 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BlasteriK 
#1 ·
Hi fellow riders,

Greetings from tropical island of Samui!

Reading through the forum almost every day since I decided to go for my 'Vee' so I am glad I finally joined.
I'm quite new to motorcycle riding so I am reading as much as possible about what when how why...and ride carefully! (the only way to survive on Thai roads)

Anyone who lives and owns a big bike in SE Asia know that the conditions and the ability to keep the bike in top condition is very demanding and I will be glad for any advise you may post in the forum.

On the island riding is a real pain but I do go to mainland often to enjoy. Actually already planning to find job closer to nice roads :grin2:

More accessories are planed to be added soon. For now its:
- Kawasaki GIVI 47l topbox
- Kawasaki side paniers (not very happy with them)
- Kawasaki hand guards
-kawasaki fog lights
- lower crash bar from PowerMoto (upper coming soon)

Planing to do trips around all SE Asia.

Safe ride to everyone and hope to meet some of you around here.

Cheers

BlasteriK

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Cheers everybody,

I did not post for a long time as high season hits Thailand hard so this is my second post, finally.

7,xxx on the clock due to daily commute to work and I love the bike more and more!
Occasionally I do longer rides on Mainland cca 400 km/day and I feel very comfortable and not tired at all (just a little softer seat would be even better).

Few things which still make me a bit worried and I always look for answers here and other forums.

Yes I also got the fairing buzz like many others but I realized it depends how much you tighten the bolts on the windshield. If I tighten as hard as I can the buzz mostly stop because its fixated...little buzz I got used to it already its parallel twin at the end of the day.

Chain and other steel parts corrosion: this makes me worried the most :( it is extremely humid and wet everywhere and I let it get rusty a bit ( did not expect that overnight it gets new rusty spots, so quick!).

I use WD40 to clean the chain, I always let it around 1-2 hours and then I clean with water and wipe off. Then I use chain lube to do the whole chain as suggested on many websites but still after few days I can see it is getting 'orange' again :(. I recently bought expensive lubricant and it has been ok so far.

Last thing also common, both brakes are squeaking...I use Kawasaki part cleaner to do the discs and recently the dealer used sandpaper to clean the front brake pads - 2 days ok and after 2 days same story. Again, the roads here and the amount of dust here is enormous so it will never be top but still..you dont want to hear any other sound than the engine.

Anyway, more trips to come so I am excited to explore Malaysia and other nearby countries soon.

Ride safe and have fun!

Cheers

BlasteriK

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.