It's like that last piece of chocolate in the fridge - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

It's like that last piece of chocolate in the fridge

Good evening everyone from a wet evening in the Philippines.

So as some of you may be aware from my new member post, I've had a hiccup with the riding of my new V1k due to the government changing the rules on the purchase of new vehicles. No paperwork. No ride/drive. Their incompetence...

Hence the Green Hornet sitting outside my place gathering dust. So this morning I thought **** **. I wanted to ride and the GH out for a spin.

Enjoyed myself....

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Envious

Every time I see photos like that I want to suit up and go, problem is we have ice again, just broke the lowest recorded temperature for this date, and two weeks ago broke the highest recorded at 20'C
Glad your getting out, just be careful
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Every time I see photos like that I want to suit up and go, problem is we have ice again, just broke the lowest recorded temperature for this date, and two weeks ago broke the highest recorded at 20'C
Glad your getting out, just be careful
You must get some lake effect over there. All the snow in my area is gone and roads are clear but lakes are still frozen. It was about 55F yesterday with no wind so I headed out for an hour or two. Too bad the rest of the week is going to be lower 20s.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Central Ontario

Right in the middle, snow belt is 30 KM North of us. I was out a little over a week ago, plus 5 to 7'C, nice sunny day, did 208 KM, on the way home I christened the bike into the new year 2017, heavy rain lasted 3 minutes, saved a ton of money letting mother nature wash the bike off. All my gear is waterproof, including my boots.

As long as it is plus 3'C I will ride, on one condition, no ice on the roads, had a close one last year, sustained temps of minus 5 to 10'C for several weeks, then some snow and then plus 5 to 10'C, two hours out I found a 1/2 mile of road sheltered by bush on both sides, had black ice on it, only 300 yards, but enough to take notice, just like a man made rink, just because it is plus temps doesn't mean ice doesn't exist.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-06-2017 at 10:11 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
As long as it is plus 3'C I will ride, on one condition, no ice on the roads, had a close one last year, sustained temps of minus 5 to 10'C for several weeks, then some snow and then plus 5 to 10'C, two hours out I found a 1/2 mile of road sheltered by bush on both sides, had black ice on it, only 300 yards, but enough to take notice, just like a man made rink, just because it is plus temps doesn't mean ice doesn't exist.
Don't I know it! You have to be weary of those shaded areas. In my neighborhood there is a bunch of tree cover and even on a sunny warm day in the spring, you can still have frost and ice in the shade.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 10:29 AM

It was a chilly 55-60 yesterday morning in Southern California. Got in a 80 mile ride through some beach cities before it rained. Supposed to be mid 70's to low 80's by the end of the week. Thinking about moving to Idaho when I retire in about 7 years, but this weather in SoCal is pretty good year round for riding.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Rode a bit yesterday - about 67F in central AZ. Mid-80s in a day or so...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode