searching for snow to Mattie Earp's grave... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

2Likes
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

searching for snow to Mattie Earp's grave...

Yesterday (26th December) I decided to head out for a ride even tho' it was quite chilly - we'd had a hard-frost overnight - so I thought I'd 'visit' Mattie Earp's grave in the Pinal County Pioneers Cemetery just at the NW corner of Superior, AZ.

I 'suited-up' in appropriate gear which included my heated jacket-liner plus heavy wool sox, fired up BIG RED, then started riding E and N, then onto AZ 60 to Globe. I could see white on the "hills", figured I'd show that AZ gets snow TOO.

After a few pics, riding in snow got "OLD", so back onto 60 and W towards Superior and the turn-off which empties onto a dirt road, fairly rough, w/ quite a lot of ATVs speeding on it toward me. I managed to avoid a 'head-on' but missed the turn, so once the road cleared a bit, I U-turned and back E till I found it, then S about a mile to this.

I walked a few yards to her grave...

then back to my bike where I took a last pic, Picket-Post Mountain in the background.

My home is about 40 minutes away, and I was looking forward to some warmth, beside what my riding gear provided, arriving after 123 miles and about three and a half hours.

-
AlaskaJeff and mully123 like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

BTW - Mattie was Wyatt's first wife, and was featured in "Tombstone" (the movie) as being addicted to "laudanum" which was a mixture of several things including heroin.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:42 PM

Nice.

Thanks for the write-up and the pics !!!

No matter where you go - there you are.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 06:26 PM

That is pretty awesome!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 06:29 PM

My brother is a fanatic on American history. He would be so jealous if I went here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 07:42 PM

I missed that one when I was in AZ......spent lots of time in and around Tombstone cause I'm kind of a history buff.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 AM

Very cool.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 AM

Beautiful scenery! Thanks for posting those pics.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I missed that one when I was in AZ......spent lots of time in and around Tombstone cause I'm kind of a history buff.
Did you see Picacho Peak ('bout mid-way between Tucson and Phoenix)? That's it in the background....

It was the site of the western-most battle in the civil war...!

Ed

..)

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Did you see Picacho Peak ('bout mid-way between Tucson and Phoenix)? That's it in the background....

It was the site of the western-most battle in the civil war...!
Yep, kind of surprised me about the Civil War battle.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:26 PM

Garage
Amazing how much guys will go through to find a whore.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 AM

Awesome post as always! Great pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode