My Versys, Mods and Media | Zombie Apocalypse 2.0 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:41 AM

Nice job............almost looks like a true Enduro bike now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkynrk View Post
Nice. I like that skid plate. Out of curiosity, why did you "know" right away you wanted a Gen2 bike? Aesthetics?
Thanks man, well the research I did was not enough. I jumped the gun because I didn't want to lose out on the 08 deal. After continuing research I realized that there were a fair amount of additions to the 2010-2014 gen V's and I liked them. Other than that yes, Aesthetics. The look I'm going for can't be done as easy on the gen 1 V's because of fitment issues. In my initial research I came across the beak and side fairing pictures and didn't realize I couldn't get the ones I wanted for my 08. There were a few other parts here and there I stumbled across that weren't available for my 08. I also like the headlight better on the 2010-2014. I would have still been happy with the 08 but I had the means at the time and found a great deal on the 11 so now I have two. I'll be selling the 08 soonish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Nice job............almost looks like a true Enduro bike now.
Thanks Duffy! Working on it! Barkbusters, beak and side fairing coming soon. And some other stuff
AlaskaJeff likes this.

Ride it like you stole it but also like you wanna be able to ride it to work the next day

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Beak Installed

Installed the beak from Hoghead
I love the way it looks, It bolted right on pretty easy. I had to use a little bit of muscle to line it up correctly but it wasn't too hard. It feels pretty tight and I don't expect it to vibrate much but I'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4592.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	108362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4591.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	108370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4598.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	108378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4597.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	108386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4596.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	108394  

Name:	IMG_4595.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	108402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4594.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	108410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4593.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	108418  
AlaskaJeff likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-15-2016 at 07:42 PM.
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:40 PM

Garage
It does change the look for sure. Wait till you get the side panels on, it makes it even more unique. You do have to do some drilling in the OEM panels though. Just take your time, have someone helping you hold them in place "tight" while marking the holes. Measure twice, drill once. Don't ask me how I know this tip............Just learn from my mistakes/experiences.
Joey Rocket Films likes this.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
It does change the look for sure. Wait till you get the side panels on, it makes it even more unique. You do have to do some drilling in the OEM panels though. Just take your time, have someone helping you hold them in place "tight" while marking the holes. Measure twice, drill once. Don't ask me how I know this tip............Just learn from my mistakes/experiences.
Looking forward to getting them on. Lol I almost wish I never seen your pictures because now everytime I see my bike I see yours
Thanks for the advise. I will take it seriously!
AlaskaJeff likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

cbrf2_rider likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Despite a WRONG impression you MIGHT get while watching Joey's video (that's ME in the hi-vis vest...), I did NOT exceed 157 MPH going thru that tunnel near the start...!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Despite a WRONG impression you MIGHT get while watching Joey's video (that's ME in the hi-vis vest...), I did NOT exceed 157 MPH going thru that tunnel near the start...!

Haha too funny! I did explain in the youtube video description that I sped up the video to save time! You might have hit 87 at some point though!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Rocket Films View Post
...You might have hit 87 at some point though!
Joey is converting to KMS/HR, so please don't think that I was exceeding any speed limits....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Joey is converting to KMS/HR, so please don't think that I was exceeding any speed limits....

Haha yes thats it!!
No, we kept it decent. Not too hard, not too soft. Just right!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

California emissions evap canister removed 2nd gen 2011

I did this post and video to help someone like me possibly save some time. I had a hard time finding a very simple and basic explanation on how to do this. Sometimes I need VEERRRY simple and basic directions because I'm not very mechanically inclined and I'm paranoid to break stuff.
Overview - Rip that tumor off and throw it on the floor and kick it. You are now left to deal with the 4 hoses that were plugged in the tumor aka CA evap can but are now dangling from a metal abyss

Going in order from left to right

1.What to do with the 1st all black left hose from the tank? = Plug it up, I used bolts because I'm fancy
2. What to do with the 2nd all black right hose from the tank? = Extend and run down away from the motor pointing at the ground. I went to a local car parts store and spent about $10 buying the 2ft long gas line hose and the hose connectors. Note If you do not buy a gas line hose, the gas may corrode away the hose
3. What to do with the 3rd brown hose coming from the throttle bodies with the white line? = Plug it up, I used bolts because I'm lazy
4. What to do with the 4th black w/green labeled hose coming from the airbox on the far right ? = Plug it up, I used bolts because someone said they did it. Seemed like a good idea
Done... Now I am trying to find out what to do about the two mounts coming off the frame that were for the tumor. I gutted the can for the most part and I could reassemble everything from what I'm told after I put the crash bars on use the canister for something to stash stuff in...not sure but if I do I will post pics.

Smarter more experienced members, please let me know if I'm missing something or if anyone has a question.
It didn't take long to do at all. This is another small example of something I learned from the considerate fellas from this forum. Thanks.

Reasons for doing it... because America Damnit. Well atleast the other 49. I've done some reading and I don't like what I hear. Possible problems like the canister going bad. I plan to install the SW-Mototech crash bars with pegs and I don't want this tumor in the way. I'm trying to save weight, shave time off my lap times and wheelie easier.
I don't care about the reasons to keep it on, I just don't want it on my bike and you can't make me keep it so...

Photo from AlaskaJeff

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4719.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	108890  

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

15-17 OEM Tank bag | Kawasaki Versys 650 K57003-118

(UPDATE) I RETRO-FITTED THIS BAG. I apologize, I made a mistake.This is not the K57001-112.
I realized I have the version for the 3rd gen 2015 bag K57003-118 That's why mine fits differently and sits lower. Bought it used and just realized they have different part numbers. The seller told me he had it on his 2nd gen so I ASSumed it was the designated bag. DOH! The strap and clip that goes from the front of the tank must be longer than the K57003-112 version.
Well the bright side is this answers my question about retro fitting...I thought it was sitting abnormally low. Works for me though. I also found the U shaped stock strap in burried under the flap in the box.

I made this because I was debating on buying it and could not find as much info and content on it as I wanted to see before buying so if I can help one person make their decision than great.

I am not in love with this bag but I really like it.

pros- Looks great compared to others, it fits like it should and looks like it belongs there unlike the universal ones on the market
fits like a glove
The quality is great.
It is expandable.
Fairly easy to pop off to pump gas
has convenient holes for running cables to my 12v outlet
Pocket closest to the handlebars is very convenient, will fit cell phone, keys, charging cables, small bottle of water and any other small items.

Cons- It doesn't have a bunch of little pockets and places to fit smaller items to keep it organized like my last one. I really like this feature so you don't have stuff bouncing around if you do a wheelie, get some air or hit a huge pot hole.
No back pack straps
No easy place where you can have your phone screen visible for quick access.
No pockets on the side of the bag, there is room for one small pocket on each side. I think they were going for the sleek look and they did well on that but it would be nice.

For me the pros outway the cons. I really like it. More thoughts in video.
Glad I bought it.

Copy and pasted specs -
Rugged, water-resistant nylon construction with reinforced foam body and lid to hold shape even when empty
Compartment at front of lid with view window for toll transponder, coins, etc.
Replacement Tank Bag Tray Cover available separately
Zippered pocket at front of bag to hold small items
Dual outlet ports
Reflective piping for night visibility
Convenient carrying handle
Expandable feature adds 3” of vertical storage capacity (20 liters of maximum capacity)
Exclusive Kawasaki zipper pulls and embossed logo
Secures firmly to tank using a three-way custom mounting system consisting of a clip, a hook-and-loop strip and a lightweight magnetic skirt with a non-scratch rubberized coating to protect paint finish
Do not use on satin, semi-gloss or flat finish fuel tank surfaces
17” Long X 11” Wide X 6”/9” Tall

-SUGGESTED- COMPATIBLE MODELS
VERSYS® 650 ABS2017, 2016, 2015

VERSYS® 650 LT2017, 2016, 2015
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4791Measurements.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	108898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4790Measurements.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	108906   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4804Measurements.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	108914   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4803Measurements.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	108922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4792Measurements.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	108930  

Name:	IMG_4800.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	108938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4793.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	108946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4778.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	108954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4777.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	108962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	108970  

Name:	IMG_4782.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	108978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4781.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	108986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4780.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	108994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4788.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	109002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4787.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	109010  

Name:	IMG_4786.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	109018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4785.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	109026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4784.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	109034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4783.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	109042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4774.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	109050  

Name:	IMG_4789.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	109058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4779.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	109066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4775.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	109074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4798.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	109082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4797.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	109090  

Name:	IMG_4796.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	109098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4795.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	109106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4794.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	109114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4802.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	109122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4801.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	109130  

Name:	IMG_4799.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	109138   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 - 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650 1 Tank bag K57003-112.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	109146   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 - 2014 Kawasaki Versys 650%0ATank bag%0AK57003-112.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	109154  

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0

Last edited by Joey Rocket Films; 12-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.
post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Joey - removing the "tumor" allows you to fill the tank to the TOP - probably about .4 US gallon more, BUT don't fill it like that UNLESS you'll ride at least another 15 miles before you park it, or it WILL leak....!

Ed

..)

post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Joey - removing the "tumor" allows you to fill the tank to the TOP - probably about .4 US gallon more, BUT don't fill it like that UNLESS you'll ride at least another 15 miles before you park it, or it WILL leak....!
Yes, thanks. I forgot to mention that. I like having that option and thanks for the heads up about the 15 miles!

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

The permit finally arrived in the mail today for the Z.A.B. 2.0
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4828.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	110226  

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Getting excited! Tons of goodies getting shipped!
SW Crash bars, gear indicator, storm hand guards, Ram cell phone mounts, Delkevic exhaust, kaoko throttle lock, accessory bar, bluetooth sound system, gun mounts, side fairings. Pics and vids coming soon.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Kawasaki Versys side cowl fairings from Hoghead.
Before and after pics

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

IDEA Trip-k02 computer Gear indicator for Kawasaki
$44
Plug and play, was very easy to install. I ran my cable through a small drain hole that was located on the bottom of the gage cluster housing. I'll update this post with a quick review after putting some mikes on the bike.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222281013518
Purchased from eBay user usmates2015

AlaskaJeff likes this.

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the SW Motech bars on. Oil change, radiator flush check. Next is the heated grips install, stereo, blacked out plastics, highway pegs and eventually some additional lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My V - Z.A.B. 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fender eliminator, mastech, mitas e-07, motodynamic, tkc80

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode