Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

fall color ride in BC's Okanagan Valley...

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  PHX_Joe 
#1 ·
Just before leaving BC for AZ I decided to go riding, taking pics of some of the brilliant colors that show up that far W. I'll start w/ the road out of my home:

and here are the same trees, but looking BACK uphill:

The rest will be in the order of my ride, starting going N

now along Lake Okanagan.

See less See more
#2 ·
NOT quite as much color here where a new winery is planting grapes

and this dirt road goes behind it.

Back onto pavement, entering Vernon

and here's the view towards the airport, and the N end of the lake (which is about 65 miles long).

#3 ·
returning S

Turned around, now heading back S, here on 'Commonage Rd'

while these of Kalamalka Lake, just E of Lake Okanagan, Woods Lake in the distance.

Now back onto Commonage Rd

In a few miles I transitioned back onto that stretch of dirt road

back towards Lake Okanagan, Kelowna way-y-y up there.

#4 ·
Got back onto pavement

then back onto the road to my place

w/ UBC Okanagan at the upper right-hand of this last pic.

It was a GREAT way to end my Canadian part of the year (rode 19,456 kms since early April)...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

#5 ·
Awesome. I left Kelowna when the university was breaking ground, and that whole area was orchards and small farms. Magnificent country. Supposed to be near 100 this weekend here, you should bring beer.

My burning question: is 12v disconnected???

Cheers!

#6 ·
Burp-p-p..., as I put down the frosty-looking Tecate....

THAT sign is to remind me to disconnect my heated jacket liner before I get OFF - it works..., SOMETIMES...!:wink2:

Joe - we gotta get together for a ride sometime.

:thumb: - :thumb:

#7 ·
Fun would ensue.....

I've been researching some rides around PHX, some longer trips like a back way to Jerome etc. I saw you did the BDR or parts of it, do you have a couple 'don't miss' rides??? There's a ton of info on ADVRider, so much great riding in AZ.

Last - have you done BACK way to Crown King on your V?

Grazi.

#11 ·
Caveat: I don't know for a fact FastEddie is willing to share his 'old grandad', or ancient bottles of 'Blue' (Canickistan brew), or whatever else he may have brewed up in his spare time..... but come for the ride anyway. The only rule is 'Epic'.

#12 ·
Joe - just looking at my maps: we went THRU Cleator on the way IN, then W of Crown King we transitioned to the "Senator Hwy" and NW up to Prescott. The name - Senator Hwy - belies the fact that it was a VERY GNARLY, NASTY 'trail' (at least - in SEVERAL LONG sections!).

Would I "do" it again...?

NOPE.

#13 ·
Yes, that's definitely the round trip and the back way is apparently much more dirt bike oriented in a few spots. I'll take that as good advice, and stick to the less killer routes for now. Heading up through 7 springs (N of Carefree) and up FR41, perhaps all the way to New River. I believe the Great Western Trail runs up that way too. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.