ANNOUNCEMENT: Forum Clean Up Project - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Site News What's going on in our community? Stay Informed!

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
You can...
What - delete my thread I started? Go to http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=3190
I was lucky to do some changes, but the title is still there, you have to hold the mouse on the thread to see it's Sold. Page 5 about the center.
I hope I'm helping some-what. Let me know if I'm just a pain.

2005 50cc scooter, 2007 GS500f, 2008 DL650 Vstrom,
I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM

Angry

bah humbug…change is no good
just kidding
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
bah humbug…change is no good
just kidding

Well i'm sure you'll enjoy this thread from 2008 posted by Elllvis
HEL Performance SS Brake Lines for Sale!

2005 50cc scooter, 2007 GS500f, 2008 DL650 Vstrom,
I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

To edit your post/thread, simply hit the edit button. It'll bring up a text box to allow you to edit. To edit the title, if you look at the bottom of the text/edit box, you'll see a button called "go advanced" or something very similar. Click it. Then you can edit the title. I also know there is a way to delete your own post, but my "older than me" memory isn't recalling how right now, but I'm pretty sure it's a button on the bottom of the text/edit box...
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:20 PM

Let's add a spell check function, Thanks

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Use Firefox. It has spell checking built in.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
Use Firefox. It has spell checking built in.

Ditto!
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks to the Moderators for doing one helluva job in this forum.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 AM

My complements to the hardy souls working to make our life easier.
Thank You,
Steve
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Thanks to the moderators for their time and effort! It's a great site.

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM

Agreed. Thanks too all of the moderators for a great effort! I bought my V back at the beginning of July. First bike in over twenty years. The guy I bought from suggested I visit the forum here and I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more - the bike or the forum. I read the new posts almost every night. Lots of good mature discussion. Thanks everyone.

Ron
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 PM

Someone apparently thinks the moderators haven't been doing enough lately. Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot more spammers lately?
Thanks guys for all you do, it just looks like someone wants to make it a full time job for you all.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Well, at the risk of sounding whiny, yes there has been a bit more spam lately. We're trying, but there are only 2 mods & 1 admin. We get it as soon as we're able, however we do have lives outside this forum, so it may take awhile. Our site was sold to a new owner a short time back, & they seem to have us on the back burner...
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 AM

The spammers are an automated industry that gets paid by clicks hence their persistence. Best thing you can do is ignore them and "flag" a post as spam. That should bring it to the attention of and admin or mod.

From the preventive side of things, VBulletin (this forum software) does have some settings you can enable to help screen the new user registrations but even those have work arounds. You can do things like add special questions to the registration process but those are sometimes confisung and will deter new members from joining.

It's a complicated dilemma that, as usual, boils down to some good ol' fashioned personal TLC. In the meantime, the best thing members can do is don't click the spam links and report SPAM posts immediately. Use this image to report spam or other unwanted posts.

Should be no surprise, life isn't perfect.

Paz,
CC

---------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to Adventure Motorcycle Magazine just cuz' it's badass...

Buy "
" DVD!

Last edited by CrazyCarl; 11-19-2009 at 11:51 AM.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Photos

I'm not sure where to post this so I will do it here. Many photos on my South America thread have been resized, a white band, a yellow triangle and a message has been attached to them, why? Are my images to large? What can I do to correct it? Is it temporary? It is not just my photos but many other photos on this site, a lot of us put some effort into our photography and these attachments have taken a lot away from our images.

Thanks,

Gary

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real" - Abraham Lincoln

post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks guys for maintaining this wounderfull site. A good blend of people and good discussions. As for the images I have not missed any images that I have posted and the auto resizing work great.
You click on the bar above the image and you have full size picture-works for me.
Not sure which I enjoy most-The V or the forum.

post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Interesting, I was wondering if LoneRocks is still co-moderating, because Rick seems to be the man here. Great job Bear, we appreciate your work. I say we double your salary!

I am really looking forward to more great pics from Gary in the coming year. I did notice today his picture was small, only half screen and pushed to the left. The previous pictures that have
the "image resized" are great, nearly full screen and click to enlarge is instantaneous. I think it
is a great enhancement to the forum. IMHO

Footnote: I just discovered something looking at a photo. When you click resize to enlarge, don't forget to click it again to shrink before scrolling on, because the entire thread enlarges, and things
don't quite fit on a normal size monitor.

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 05-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBD34 View Post
I'm not sure where to post this so I will do it here. Many photos on my South America thread have been resized, a white band, a yellow triangle and a message has been attached to them, why? Are my images to large? What can I do to correct it? Is it temporary? It is not just my photos but many other photos on this site, a lot of us put some effort into our photography and these attachments have taken a lot away from our images.

Thanks,

Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Interesting, I was wondering if LoneRocks is still co-moderating, because Rick seems to be the man here. Great job Bear, we appreciate your work. I say we double your salary!

I am really looking forward to more great pics from Gary in the coming year. I did notice today his picture was small, only half screen and pushed to the left. The previous pictures that have
the "image resized" are great, nearly full screen and click to enlarge is instantaneous. I think it
is a great enhancement to the forum. IMHO

Footnote: I just discovered something looking at a photo. When you click resize to enlarge, don't forget to click it again to shrink before scrolling on, because the entire thread enlarges, and things
don't quite fit on a normal size monitor.
Don't quote me on this, but this seems like a new site upgrade. Wasn't too long ago, we had to resize our own photos. It helps when your photos are too big, so the text isn't pushed off the page, causing the reader to have to scroll to read your stories. I like it too, you can see the photos in all their glory, then click them & make them forum friendly again.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 09:54 AM

Moderators;
If you haven't noticed there is spam in the comments section on most of the new photos in the members galleries. I just wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of it, thanks for the great site.

Gary

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real" - Abraham Lincoln

post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for letting us know Gary. I had no idea. I sent a message to the other staff. I'm heading to the galleries now to look around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode