Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Industry News A section for industry news, recalls & technical service bulletins.

5Likes
  • 2 Post By ronheater70
  • 2 Post By AngryGazebo
  • 1 Post By kenr74

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist

Quote:
Not quite two years after running over Chief Petty Officer Zacharias Buob in a San Diego road-rage “accident”, Darla Renee Jackson was sentenced yesterday to six years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Read more about the Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:19 PM

Garage
She got sentenced to 6 years so she'll be out in about 18 months. With overcrowding could be a lot sooner....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
She got sentenced to 6 years so she'll be out in about 18 months. With overcrowding could be a lot sooner....
Even the women's prisons are overcrowded?

I read that in many states the men get out early, but the women tend to serve their full sentence.

Either way, justice is served and hopefully the family also sues in civil court for wrongful death.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

I read that in many states the men get out early, but the women tend to serve their full sentence.

Either way, justice is served and hopefully the family also sues in civil court for wrongful death.
I wouldn't call 6 years with the likely hood of an early release justice served for the very intentional death of a cyclist..I would call Decapitation by tying 20 feet of Barbed wire around her neck and the other end to a Busa, Justice served.. But Im strange that way.
saddlebag and Duffy like this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

Full Sentence = State time would be 1/3rd of the 6 years.... Federal Time is usually the entire length of the sentence.

I got 7 years back in 1989 I was on work release in 18 months and paroled after 23 months...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 PM

It would appear she had anger/control issues well before this incident - "As Long As It Gets Me Away From You": Darla Jackson's Ex Happy She Filed Restraining Order | NBC 7 San Diego
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 PM

She has a history of trying to run over people with her car whenever she's upset. This isn't an outlier in her behavior, she's a genuine menace behind the wheel.

Just a couple weeks ago the old guy who swerved into a motorcyclist got sentenced 15 years and his actions caused injuries. Here, she chased her target for miles, then ran him over and killed him.

Statistically women get significantly lighter sentences than men for the same crime, but this is ridiculous. She's going to be out there driving and trying to smash into people out of rage in less than two years.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:56 PM

It seems like prosecutors and juries don't take the deaths of people on two wheels seriously. It's definitely a problem for bicyclists who are killed by drivers -- everyone seems to think people deserve to die for riding bicycles on streets. And there's a belief that anyone on a motorcycle is an outlaw biker who's better off dead anyway, so it's OK to kill them.

Run over an old lady crossing the street, and you get a long prison sentence. Kill a young man on a motorcycle and you get a couple of years.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
She has a history of trying to run over people with her car whenever she's upset. This isn't an outlier in her behavior, she's a genuine menace behind the wheel.

Just a couple weeks ago the old guy who swerved into a motorcyclist got sentenced 15 years and his actions caused injuries. Here, she chased her target for miles, then ran him over and killed him.

Statistically women get significantly lighter sentences than men for the same crime, but this is ridiculous. She's going to be out there driving and trying to smash into people out of rage in less than two years.
Women almost always seem to get lighter sentences, with only a few exceptions, for similar crimes, compared to men. Reflection of society values? It would also appear she took a plea bargain as she plead guilty rather than going through a trial which may have reduced the time she got. Can't help but notice reading news articles of this type that sentencing in the US is much more geared toward retribution compared to rehabilitation in Canada. In general sentences in Canada are lower and geared more toward if the offender poses a threat to society if released or they need to be permanently incarcerated. In particular sentences for non violent crimes are much lighter.

Last edited by twowheels; 04-17-2017 at 09:04 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:33 AM

According to the articles she has "anger" issues............if she runs afoul of some biker momma in the lock-up and cops an attitude she will probably regret it. No car to use as a weapon there.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
6 years for hunting down and killing someone, just bc shes female and cried....... bull****... just bull****..... the old man that sideswiped the couple on the bike got 15 years and he didnt hunt them down or kill anyone.....

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Not to mention, she will probably will be allowed to drive again right away. Driving isn't a right, you have to prove you can drive before you get a license. If you can't be responsible for your actions while driving you shouldn't be allowed to drive
weljo2001 and Duffy like this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
6 years for hunting down and killing someone, just bc shes female and cried....... bull****... just bull****..... the old man that sideswiped the couple on the bike got 15 years and he didnt hunt them down or kill anyone.....
His sentence was too light too.

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:40 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
His sentence was too light too.
normally id say ya i agree but that grumpy old **** probably wont make it past 10 years be for getting shanked to death or just dieing of old age....

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
normally id say ya i agree but that grumpy old **** probably wont make it past 10 years be for getting shanked to death or just dieing of old age....
True, but like Weljo said, 15 years is really only 5. I was rooting for his buddy to slip and accidentally remove the old fart's head with his helmet. That would have been a shame.

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 PM

6 years for murder. I would handle her sentence myself if that was my relative.
weljo2001 likes this.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2005 Suzuki DR790
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode