Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Pepper-Spraying Texas Cop Update

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·

A firestorm erupted last March when a video surfaced that showed a Texas police officer pepper spraying a group of motorcyclists riding past his patrol car. Motorcyclists who watched the video (now with more than three million views) were angered at the apparent assault on riders. The cop, William Figueroa, claimed he needed to spray the riders because they wouldn’t vacate the lane next to his patrol car that was pulled over at the side of the road.

Surely the overly aggressive cop would be severely reprimanded for his actions that could’ve hurt or even killed riders as they rode past, right? Well, thanks to our favorite moto-riding attorney, John Butrus, we were able to dig into the situation. Sadly, the outcome of the investigation seems to be far too lenient for an officer who demonstrated a complete lack of concern for the safety of our fellow riders.
Read more about the Pepper-Spraying Texas Cop Update at Motorcycle.com.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I would say he was incompetent if this is the method he was using to get vehicles to vacate a lane. Notice the long line of vehicles in the lane behind him. Perhaps traffic cones or flares strategically placed would be a smarter idea. I would question his ability/judgement as a police officer in other matters as well. Not to make this political but this is why people are concerned about the number of police shootings in the US, especially when many of the victims turn out to be unarmed.

#3 ·
This guy clearly lacks the judgement and common sense to be an officer.

In Texas, the law concerning this situation also states that if a motorist can't move over into an adjacent lane, they are to slow down a certain # of miles per hour below the speed limit as they pass. It looks to me like all lanes were full so they couldn't have moved over.

Because these guys were on two wheels, the cop could have caused some of these motorcyclists to crash and be seriously injured. There was no excuse for this. He could have just called ahead and had the group pulled over by another cop to be handed tickets or a warning. Instead he chose to endanger their lives.

The sad thing for me personally is that Ft. Worth is my home town!

#4 ·
This guy clearly lacks the judgement and common sense to be an officer.

The sad thing for me personally is that Ft. Worth is my home town!

Me too. Born at back then Carswell AFB. Lived in N.Ft.Worth. (North Side High School) :smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.