New Versys Key Blanks for Sale... - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
For Sale Items for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Highly recommended. Great key blanks and service. I have had mine now for several months. I actually twisted the stock OEM key once turning on the ignition!!! Of course it was also as easy as playing with silly putty to bend it back straight again. Not sure how many times you could do that without breaking that stock key and leaving it stuck in the ignition switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

update...

Hey folks...

Sorry been spotty with the key thing. The old merchant account system was bleeding me dry with various fees so we moved to Paypal.

Downside is the keys are slightly more expensive (2 for 8.00 instead of 2 for 6.00) because of paypal per transaction fees and other factors.

Upside is you can now order multiples of 1, 2, 4 or 6! Pricing still includes shipping to North America and has been updated on the original post.

Thanks Guys!
CC

---------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to Adventure Motorcycle Magazine just cuz' it's badass...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buy "
" DVD!
post #23 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
Hmm...maybe I could implant one beneath the surface of my skin. That'd learn me if I lost my key.

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor

post #24 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 PM

ironic that I find this thread only hours after making a purchase for two said key blanks at ten dollars shipped from eBay.
post #25 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 PM

Just ordered one, thanks Carl!

My Album:

post #26 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 AM

Can the plastic head be ground down/off leaving it functional, i.e., is there enough metal under the plastic to hold & turn?

I don’t care if it ends up pretty... I just want one that’s as flat as possible to carry as an emergency spare in my wallet...

Thanks

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~

|
|

Last edited by Hardware; 06-11-2010 at 12:14 AM.
post #27 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 AM

So I got my keys yesterday and today had the adventure of finding a place in the greater Seattle area that would cut steel keys. Luckily a Beemer forum came in handy because walkins and calling was not producing. Those in the Seattle area that need these blanks cut, Broadway Locksmith will do them for five a pop; their address is 918 East John Street in Seattle.
post #28 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Your best bet is to take it to a traditional hardware or five and dime store for cutting. This is a good chance to visit your local ACE hardware store.

I visited a couple major locksmith companies in the area and they stick the keys on a magnet to check their steel compound. Soon as it sticks to the magnet they're like "We won't cut it." They've got like 5 different cutting machines and they won't touch it.

I figure most locksmiths now are so commercial all they do is home and office work.

Anyway glad you found a place!

CC

Buy "
" DVD!
post #29 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 PM
naz

There is some serious demand from EU about steel keys for versys.Give us the keys!!
Who is in guys,if anybody from Europe is interested speak here,maybe we are more than you think
post #30 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:59 PM

I need one or two.
In Europe that is.

I once bent the OEM key and straightened it back by hand. It's amazing how soft the metal is.
post #31 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
naz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan V View Post
I need one or two.
In Europe that is.

I once bent the OEM key and straightened it back by hand. It's amazing how soft the metal is.
i knew i could count on you ,neeeeeeext
post #32 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

EU order...

Since the keys are made in Italy I figured the EU crew should have access to them. Guess I was wrong!

If you guys can get an order for at least 25 together, we can work out something to get a bunch over there.

CC
sales@motocyclops.com

Buy "
" DVD!
post #33 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikewithmike View Post
ironic that I find this thread only hours after making a purchase for two said key blanks at ten dollars shipped from eBay.
That happens to me all the time! I just started selling these on ebay, but for more than you can get them through here. Ebay takes about 2 buck from each sale so the price had to go up. Plus, I figure you guys are part of the community and should get at least a little break.

CC

Buy "
" DVD!
post #34 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Can the plastic head be ground down/off leaving it functional, i.e., is there enough metal under the plastic to hold & turn?

I donít care if it ends up pretty... I just want one thatís as flat as possible to carry as an emergency spare in my wallet...

Thanks
Good question, I haven't dissected one so don't know for sure. You don't need a whole lot of force to turn the key so as long as there's even a little metal flange under the plastic, then you should be okay.

CC

Buy "
" DVD!
post #35 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 PM

It would seem silly to order them from US if they are available somewhere in Italy or Europe.
Could you tell us what is the manufactures marking of the key?
Looks like X105.
http://www.kaba-ilco.com/key_systems...ttachment=True
post #36 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Try KW16CP-SI and please let me know what you find!

The SI stands for the steel version.

CC

Buy "
" DVD!
post #37 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Hmmm. Don't know how I missed this first time around, but just ordered a couple of blanks today! Great idea!

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #38 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Just ordered two through Paypal. Thanks for making more room in my pocket. I can carry more money to spend on options now.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #39 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Garage
just ordered 4 key blanks. bent one of the originals awhile back had the key in the seat and bumped it with my leg. bent it back so easily i'm afraid one might snap off in the ignition switch.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #40 of 118 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Just ordered a couple blanks since I only have 1 key that came with my used bike, with all the talk of the oem soft keys bending, I was starting to get nervous!!!

08 Triumph Bonnie Black-modded
08 Kawi Versys-BRIGHT red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode