PayPal Friends & Family - Kawasaki Versys Forum
For Sale Items for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

PayPal Friends & Family

OK, I looked into it,I was asked by several people thinking this was something created by this forum and encouraged to be used by this forum, PayPal friends and family is a PayPal app, that was created to act much like what we have in Canada Interact, , transfer between bank accounts, one advantage is the person receiving the money doesn't need to have a PayPal account but is offered it for free.
Like anything some people use this to bypass Ebay seller fees, which is a very bad idea, as you have no recourse if the seller scams you.One word of caution, using friends and family, no buyer protection or recourse with PayPal. Using create a invoice gives both the buyer and seller protection, and is my preferred method for doing transactions outside of Canada using PayPal.Friends and Family is roughly the same as a wire transfer, except you have a valid email address, when the money is sent, better hope the other end is honest, have I done wire transfers, yes to China, not quite a $1000, to a company that makes special scope test equipment, that only a few in the world make, so I had several emails over 3 days,trusted the person who answered highly technical questions only someone in electronics engineering would know the correct answers to, so I trusted him, got my stuff in one week
So I have dug into this PayPal thing, given my views, and basically this post is related to and generated from our For Sale Forum***** I am not asking for a opinion or expecting any other posts to this thread, which is why it is closed

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ayment-methods

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...family-FAQ2398 Below is what was copied from this link:

How do I send money to friends or family?

To send money to friends or family, log in to your PayPal account and click Send & Request at the top of the page. Select either Send to friends and family in the US or Send to friends and family internationally. Enter the email, mobile number or name of the person you're sending money to, and follow the instructions on the screen.

We'll send an email alerting them of the payment. When they log in to their PayPal account, they'll receive their money. If they don't have a PayPal account yet, they can sign up with the email address where they received notification of their payment.
If you want to send money on the go, you can use the PayPal mobile app on your smartphone. We'll send an email or text message telling them they have a payment waiting. If their phone number isn't linked to their account, they can log in and add/confirm their phone number to receive their money.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-01-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I've used it, like you, primarily to people I trust.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode