• 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler
  • 1 Post By PHX_Joe
  • 1 Post By Fireman_taz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Exclamation For Sale Clean UP/ Please Delete

Something none of the members are able to do, delete the For Sale add when completed.As a courtesy to others that have active for sale adds but not sold, I would like to delete your add if Completed / all Sold, this way active posts will float to the top like cream.
I need you to right click your Copy link address, and ask remove this add you can post in this sticky thread, that way any mod can take action on your behalf.

Or PM me or any other mods,paste the address in the PM

Last edited by onewizard; 01-04-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:21 AM

Please delete

Full Versys 650 Seat Concepts (including seat pan)

Thank you!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 AM

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Garage
How about the seller edits the post to say SOLD. Then you can just do a search on SOLD and if it has been in that state X number of days, you delete it.

Just a suggestion that other forums I belong to handle the for sale section.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Garage
On a couple other forums I'm on the For Sale threads are set to auto-prune after 2 weeks.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Garage
I always post sold when an item is no longer available. But if you see anything from me you can delete them....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
How about the seller edits the post to say SOLD. Then you can just do a search on SOLD and if it has been in that state X number of days, you delete it.

Just a suggestion that other forums I belong to handle the for sale section.
I am trying to use the KISS rule and make sure there is no conflict, some adds are selling multiple items. The search engine on this forum finds everything with the word sold in it, not planning on searching anything. My thought is if you can post Sold, you can take 15 more seconds and copy and paste the thread address into the sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
On a couple other forums I'm on the For Sale threads are set to auto-prune after 2 weeks.
This would involve having admin. change the settings, some members may not like their add going after 2 weeks, I am just trying to make the active adds more visible, and those looking to buy stuff, not having to wade through ten posts to find out the item is sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I always post sold when an item is no longer available. But if you see anything from me you can delete them....
Thanks Joe
And for those that think they have old for sale adds and want them deleted, you can duplicate this effort
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I am trying to use the KISS rule and make sure there is no conflict, some adds are selling multiple items. The search engine on this forum finds everything with the word sold in it, not planning on searching anything. My thought is if you can post Sold, you can take 15 more seconds and copy and paste the thread address into the sticky.

:
For future For Sale Items I will definitely do that. My old ones are marked appropriately and should be many pages down. If someone posts and pops them to the top because they can't read, then not my fault.
onewizard likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
For future For Sale Items I will definitely do that. My old ones are marked appropriately and should be many pages down. If someone posts and pops them to the top because they can't read, then not my fault.
All taken care of selling on the side??
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
All taken care of selling on the side??
I don't know what selling on the side means, but I do still have some Versys Bits I haven't posted for sale yet. I had over 50 parts to sell that I pulled off three bikes I traded last year. Posted them in order based on largest return.
onewizard likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:17 AM

I didn't sell mine but you can go ahead and delete the add.I kept it this long I will just hold on to it.
Thanks
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't know what selling on the side means, but I do still have some Versys Bits I haven't posted for sale yet. I had over 50 parts to sell that I pulled off three bikes I traded last year. Posted them in order based on largest return.
If someone comes across one of your sold adds and doesn't realize the item is sold, well they have severe vision problems.Looks like lots of happy buyers, good used is usually way better than OEM new in pricing. Thanks
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Active For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
I didn't sell mine but you can go ahead and delete the add.I kept it this long I will just hold on to it.
Thanks
Only looking at clearing out adds that have sold, if you have changed your mind I can delete it. It was buried about 6 pages back. In the past, guys that wanted to jockey for top spot would bump their post, the end result was those that weren't as aggressive got their add buried pages back. My thought is if you have a add and the item isn't selling, ask to have it deleted, it is possible to save all the photos, note the date it was posted. A year later it can be undeleted c/w photos when you are ready to sell again. I am not encouraging this but by deleting non active or Sold adds it gives the other posters a chance to be noticed without bumping.

Last edited by onewizard; 01-05-2017 at 11:13 AM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:54 AM

Garage
Quote:

This would involve having admin. change the settings, some members may not like their add going after 2 weeks, I am just trying to make the active adds more visible, and those looking to buy stuff, not having to wade through ten posts to find out the item is sold.
It was just an example of what works on a couple other forums I frequent which doesn't rely on users to make updates since life happens and people forget.
onewizard likes this.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't see any "For Sale" items prior to October 2016 (2 pages of ads). I know there are more than that, because I have a much older ad (containing upper fairings for red 2011) that will populate if I perform a search in the For Sale section by using key words. If searching for it, it'll populate...otherwise it seems to be hidden (along with any other ads prior to 10/2016) and not visible within the 2 pages of populated ads.

Is there a setting that limits the quantity of posts available for viewing in a section (For Sale), based on the date it was generated?

To duplicate what I'm communucating, take a look. You probably won't see my "fairing" ad, if you are only seeing 2 pages as well. Then search the FS forum, key word = fairing.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Learn Something New EveryDay

So Nothing Broken in the For Sale
Go to the bottom of the page and note Display Options, default is 100 Days, you can go from or 1 year or beginning, suggested after 100 days you start a new thread /update it ,or ask to delete the thread.

Last edited by onewizard; 01-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:02 PM

Please delete:

Gen 2 Motowerk Flat Foot & Mirror Extenders

No interest in the item, and it's stinking up the place!!

Thanks.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 01-20-2017 at 08:11 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 PM

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode