Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello From Media PA

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  makopolo 
#1 ·
After many years of thinking about getting a motorcycle, I finally did it. Just bought it this weekend from a forum member and rode it back home in the rain. Quite a scary drive since I was getting used to the bike and not having on one in quite a long time. Hopefully there will be some mild days this winter so I don't have to wait too long to ride it again.

This was a bike my friend and I brought back to life senior year in college. CM450 1984.

I am also in the process of moving, so when that is done I can catch up with maintenance and be ready to ride. The information on this forum really helped me decide on a Versys.

See less See more
#8 ·
you do not have to extend the brake lines... here is what I did...

• go find a brake line that is longer then yours, I got mine from an old honda shadow.
  • Make sure its clean
  • take the exisiting short line connector off (save the banjo bolts) *the one that goes over to the left caliper
  • Use the extended banjo bolt from the right caliper (where the two lines used to meet) and use it up top on the master cylinder with your new brake line, along with the existing right side brake line.
  • Use the bolt that came out of the master cylinder in your right caliper, since now there is only one line going
    to it.
  • use the same bolt from the left caliper, that was in it before
  • bleed the line very well, and add more fluid

#11 ·
No. It originally belonged to my friends brother so he kept it. It was in really bad shape after sitting for years in a garage by the beach. Rode it a bit in college after doing just enough work to get it running on the cheap. Its a bulletproof motor. Lots of cleaning the carbs, fresh fluids, new plugs and cranking it to take all of the junk out and it started and ran fine.

He still has it, but needs so much work that it does not get out much. I showed my GF one the other day and she really liked it so I might try to find one for her. Really nice and simple bike to mess with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.