Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Howdy from Southwestern Ontario

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  chatmaurice 
#1 ·
Yesterday I finalized a deal on a new 2011 Versys. Left over dealer stock that came with a significant discount, so I jumped on it. I pick it up this weekend.

I come to the Versys on the recommendation of Tony at Blue Streak Racing. After owning a V-Strom (soul-less wonder), and a Tiger 955i (beauty but way too big), the Versys seems to fit the bill.

Now to start hunting for farkles.

#18 ·
Welcome from the east coast.

If I could recommend a few farkles it would be:

- SW-Motech engine bars. I've dropped my bike on it's side a few times as most of use will do and also had a 50ft/65kph slide. The bars have more than paid for themselves serveral times over. They make the bike impervious to damage in a drop and the only damage I had in my accident was a bent handle bar and cracked/rashed upper fairing that can be repaired. Without them the bike would have been a total write off.

- the second thing I would recommend is purchasing some cheap spools for the swing arm off of Ebay and a rear spool stand. There is no kickstand so it is necessary for chain and rear wheel maintenance

http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/ is the Twisted Throttle distributor in Canada and probably the best source of accessories for the V.

#19 ·
- SW-Motech engine bars. I've dropped my bike on it's side a few times as most of use will do and also had a 50ft/65kph slide. The bars have more than paid for themselves serveral times over. They make the bike impervious to damage in a drop and the only damage I had in my accident was a bent handle bar and cracked/rashed upper fairing that can be repaired. Without them the bike would have been a total write off.

- the second thing I would recommend is purchasing some cheap spools for the swing arm off of Ebay and a rear spool stand. There is no kickstand so it is necessary for chain and rear wheel maintenance
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already ordered engine bars, lowering link and hand guards through Blue Streak Racing. They are also a Twisted Throttle dealer and seem to have better prices than A Vicious Cycle. An added bonus is he is closer and a damn nice guy to deal with.

Now I am scouting luggage. He mentioned the rear spool stand and demonstrated its use to me yesterday, still contemplating that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.