Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - school me on chains and sprockets
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 AM
stlee29

1) What sizes are the stock sprockets? OEM front 15, rear 46

2) Steel are cheapest but do they rust? Are hardened aluminum any better as they are slightly more pricy? Not much difference

3) I believe I need a 520 chain but how many links? 114 links

4) Is paying more money for a better quality chain worth it. For example $60 ebay chain vs $150 DID XRing chain? Buy a reputable brand. I use DID.

5) I have access to a chain press tool so figure I don't need a chain with a master link, is my assumption correct? Do I need additional parts to join the chain? Not sure what meant, but the parts needed should be in the chain box.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome