Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Province of Ontario, Canada
school me on chains and sprockets
I've got a couple of stiff links in my chain and will be replacing it shortly.
1) What sizes are the stock sprockets?
2) Steel are cheapest but do they rust? Are hardened aluminum any better as they are slightly more pricy
3) I believe I need a 520 chain but how many links?
4) Is paying more money for a better quality chain worth it. For example $60 ebay chain vs $150 DID XRing chain
5) I have access to a chain press tool so figure I don't need a chain with a master link, is my assumption correct? Do I need additional parts to join the chain?