Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

MK2 Cowling Buzz

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KVBry 
#1 ·
Last weekend I installed some farkles on my bike, including the OEM hand guards. My bike had the fairing buzz since day one, but during the test ride I noticed a pretty terrible buzz at 4K rpms that was not present before. After some time I figured out that this new buzz was caused by the bar end weights, they could move a bit. Used a hot glue gun and that took care of it.

But while I was doing that, I had noticed that the right fairing and the side black unpainted panel, the one that goes all the way back to the seat, had a bit of free play, the tabs that insert into the side fairing were a lose fit, and I could see some white dust (plastic being worn due to friction). I used some double sided tape to glue it to the fairing, and then some small pieces of plastic in between the tabs, to make for a tighter fit. I did it just because I didn't want the tabs on the fairing to wear, not because I ever thought this could be where the buzz came from...

But when I took it for a test ride, it was fantastic, the fairing buzz that had been there since I rode it out from the stealership was gone!

On my 2010 the fairing buzz was caused by the plastic that goes around the headlight, so I always assumed that the fairing buzz would come from a similar place on my 2014...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.