Posting pictures - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Posting pictures

Need help posting pictures the size that Joe and Fast Eddie puts up.
I am computer frustrated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
use a photo hosting site (like photo bucket or the like) or use the manage attachment button below after clicking go advanced

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Motard View Post
Need help posting pictures the size that Joe and Fast Eddie puts up.
I am computer frustrated
Markie - what I do, is first reduce the size of the image to 800 x 600 pixels at 300 dpi, then add them into my "Photobucket" account under an "ALBUM NAME". Then to add it to a post, I "click" on the image, then (to the right) click on the LOWEST of the four 'actions' - this one says IMG followed by a rectangle w/ a [URL=http:// etc] in it. CLICK on that (URL) which sets it up as a "cut and paste", then paste that into your post.

Easy, peasy!

PM me if you need more help.

BTW - "Photobucket" is free, at least it IS till you need MORE space than the free allowance (which is quite large) as I do, for $30 a year.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the fast reply. Going to post my cheap a$$ horn project with pics.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
just adding to what @fasteddiecopeman said.

You don't need to resize the image before uploading it to photobucket... I never do.

Also when posting Pictures into FORUMS...
most forums use the [ IMG ] tag (no spaces) to share an image.
Photobucket does have many other posting link including the IMG tag especially for forums.
Just copy and Paste Photobuckets [ IMG ] tag... simples.

Using the other links is not the best way as when users click on it they get taken to the Photobucket page..

examples...

not preferred method
Copy and pasting the following Photobucket DIRECT link code
Code:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/gigitt/other/Share%20Photobuck%20Images_zpsjiqq6o83.png
result:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...psjiqq6o83.png

Preferred method: [ IMG ] tag:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
The only reason I re size for photobucket is that my internet speed is not the best at times and works out quicker for me to re size in paint. If you net speed was a issue then this would help as my camera if using optical zoom may produce photos of 6 mb.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 PM

Instead of using a pay photo web site, you could save half by sending that half to me and just post pics on ANY google forum site and copy from THOSE pics
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
The only reason I re size for photobucket is that my internet speed is not the best at times and works out quicker for me to re size in paint. If you net speed was a issue then this would help as my camera if using optical zoom may produce photos of 6 mb.
Gee they make anybody Mods around here j/k

@kiwi 41, yes I see your point - but you should be hosting the pics from your mate's server Kim Dot Com

Last edited by kiwi 41; 09-30-2015 at 08:31 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 02:10 AM

Garage
My phone takes 4+mb (4160 x 2340) photos so I resize them down to 1024 x 576 to save space on photobucket and not make them too big for forums.

Last edited by MaverickAus; 09-30-2015 at 02:13 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
I found that when I just up-loaded images w/out re-sizing, they came out REALLY BIG! I'll upload one just to show you:

Well - I tried, and in the 'post' as I typed it, it showed, but NOT after I hit the "save"....

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-30-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode