"Motorcycle of the Year" - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM

I did tons of research before I decided on the versys, and then I had to track one down. That wasn't as bad for me as some people. I found one at a dealer about 50 or 60 miles from my house. It is my first motorcycle, and I really can't imagine having anything else. I have gotten nothing but compliments on it from everyone that has seen it, and it was an easy bike to learn how to ride on. I am glad my decision seems to have been justified by more experienced people than myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:21 PM

Same here and I have people come up all the time to see what it is.
post #43 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Talking Me Too!

Yeah, The Versys is my first new bike, though I did buy it with 693 Miles on it...
Before this I had a 81 Honda for a little over a year, as my starter bike.
So yes, like the previous two poster, I am too glad that the "experts" have basically backed me up in my opinion. I did a lot of research, a lot of talking with other riders, a lot of searching high and low to find the bike I wanted. I was initally looking more along the dual purpose set up with either an 08 KLR, or a used F650... but when I saw the Versys in the dealership the day I went to check out the KLRs... it caught my eye. I took time to seriously think my future riding through, and realized that honestly the V is probably about as DP as I will need. I have no fears of taking it onto small back country dirt roads to go camping etc... and was willing to sacrifice those hardcore dirt abilities for the much better highway riding anyhow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by amir_zwara; 07-28-2008 at 03:02 PM.

post #44 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM

I'm like amir zwara, I grew up on dirt bikes and 3 & 4 wheelers. This was my first street bike. I started by looking at the KLR's and saw a V for the first time online. The V looked like the perfect mix I wanted in a street bike, dual purpose with a sport bike styling and attitude......and the tinkering has continued from there.....
NOW, the aftermarket needs to get BUSY!!! I'm still shopping for some Delrin frame sliders I like....Not pleased with the aftermarket offerings yet...
BUT I LOVE MY VERSYS!!!
a new 08+ Yamaha V-Max is next(in addition to my V).......It looks badass....Gotta give the wife some time before I ask though..........Strategy & timing are everything

GOT my issue yesterday and I think I'll print a large copy of the cover to frame and put up in the garage by my bike!!!!

My Titan & Versys Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Rubicon Website:

My Super Duty Website:

20,000+ Versys miles and loving every one!

post #45 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM

You Versys already-owners are making me crazy... so jealous! I'm in CA and I can't even get close enough to a V to sit on one!! I'd pay cash today if a CA version were available. I think I'll go down to the dealer tonight and put down a deposit. GOTTA HAVE ONE!! Didn't just get the idea from this thread either... been researching this one for months. Let's all write Kawi and put on a little pressure. I already have.
post #46 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
.Gotta give the wife some time before I ask though..........Strategy & timing are everything
Sooooo true.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #47 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM

The new Motorcyclist is out now.....I got mine in the mail today, and Wal Mart has them also.........good write up

'16 Versys 650
post #48 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowill View Post
You Versys already-owners are making me crazy... so jealous! I'm in CA and I can't even get close enough to a V to sit on one!! I'd pay cash today if a CA version were available. I think I'll go down to the dealer tonight and put down a deposit. GOTTA HAVE ONE!! Didn't just get the idea from this thread either... been researching this one for months. Let's all write Kawi and put on a little pressure. I already have.
Dang... we should have worked out a deal for me to put 7500 quick miles on mine and then you could come get it from me in Utah and I'd just get a new one. The local dealer here (Plaza Cycle - minutes from my house) keeps one in stock and has it on display right up front.
post #49 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 AM

Yeah, yeah, Jen, just rub it in. I may just come and steal yours! (After you get the new one.)
post #50 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Woot! Woot! Just picked up this issue, good stuff. The bad thing is that I'm having severe withdrawals from my V. I'm currently at school for a few weeks in FL and had to leave the bike at home 16 more days............
post #51 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM

I've got the issue too. Congratulations to all of us for having such a good bike!

But, sorry, I have to think in a way that Kawasaki has poured in a bit money to make it happen... Apart from the MOTY, so many Kawasaki bikes up there mentioned in the 2008-Best categories.

Yea... ready to be flamed... but hey, I still love my Versys in green! It's the fastest among all colors
post #52 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 PM

Congrats on the win Versys riders! I read the article yesterday.
post #53 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 PM

I, like many others did extensive research before purchasing my V. The I put down the deposit in the afternoon and found that mag on the newstand that evening.
Gave me a good feeling seeing that, It helped reassure me I had made a good choice.
post #54 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
I, like many others did extensive research before purchasing my V. The I put down the deposit in the afternoon and found that mag on the newstand that evening.
Gave me a good feeling seeing that, It helped reassure me I had made a good choice.

That you did muskie.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #55 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 AM

Hi, here is the article for you all to enjoy!

4Tire!

4tire!
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

2007 Black Versys, Barkbuster VPS Handguards, Mushrooms K10001-109, Pirelli Diablo Rosso, CQlights HID 5000K kit, Givi V46 Top Case.

Shoei Multitec, Rukka X-TRAFIT Gloves, Rukka Steel Jacket, Rukka Unit Pants, Dainese B.B.2 D-Dry Boots

Last edited by 4tire; 08-30-2008 at 07:07 AM.
post #56 of 133 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 AM

Some interesting comments from the peanut gallery on the Versys awward.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=69668
post #57 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 09:53 AM

at last!!!
post #58 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Video review

Last edited by Lukejt; 09-08-2008 at 12:20 AM.
post #59 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM

Wanted the bike since I saw it at a show up here in Canada in 06. Got mine this year, and loved everything about it. Gonna ride it till it falls apart in the distant future, then I'm gonna buy another one, and another, and another. Also gonna buy one for my daughter, when she turns 16, and my son, and gonna enjoy life with our V'S.
Congrats Kawasaki
post #60 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cabazorro
Kawasaki does it right.

Yes! The V is all that. It epitomizes the outside-the-box concept. It gives the term street-bike a brand new twist. I'm close to 2k m on mine and I can say: Yes, It turns on a wink of an eye on any corner. Yes, it has a "sayonara" punch on any green light. Yes, the LCD will pop the a 3rd digit on the mph window sooner than you can say "blueberry pie". Congratulations to the Kawasaki folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode