Christmas Shopping on the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Christmas Shopping on the V

Gotta love an unusually warm November day in Wisconsin.

The wife made mention that she needed two bottles of wine from the Winery for her folks for Christmas. That's when it hit me I can easily fit 2 bottles of wine in my bags honey, let me go get those for you.

80 miles later I returned home with 2 bottles of "slightly shaken" wine.

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Good to see a fellow cheesehead! I pulled the same stunt today, enjoying the weather across the border in MN. The honey-do list included a run to the grocery store, so the recently neglected Versys took an hour and a half jaunt down the highway. I returned home with some milk and an excuse to spend another hour in the garage washing the bike (it snows once and they dump salt everywhere). I'd call it an afternoon well spent!

BTW, I used to race that MX track just west of Ashland, that place was a blast! Had some epic crashes there...

'89 yz 80
'96 cr 80
'99 kx 125
'09 Versys

Last edited by pdpleog; 11-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpleog View Post
Good to see a fellow cheesehead! I pulled the same stunt today, enjoying the weather across the border in MN. The honey-do list included a run to the grocery store, so the recently neglected Versys took an hour and a half jaunt down the highway. I returned home with some milk and an excuse to spend another hour in the garage washing the bike (it snows once and they dump salt everywhere). I'd call it an afternoon well spent!

BTW, I used to race that MX track just west of Ashland, that place was a blast! Had some epic crashes there...
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who got out today.

If you get back up this way, let me know.

Mitch
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 AM

I recently figured out that going to the huge shopping mall in Manchester is MUCH easier on the Versys. The Trafford Centre is absolutely heaving at this time of year, so blasting past the queueing cars on the way in is great. Then you get into the car park and screw all that driving around following people back to their cars so you can get their space. Just ride up to the front doors, park and chain the bike and you're inside. Rinse and repeat for the journey home. It only goes pear-shaped when you buy too much stuff to fit into the tail-pack and rucksack. In fact, this might be on the cards for this morning come to think of it.

If it wasn't for the Welsh and the Scottish bringing the average down, this wouldn't be "Great Britain"; it would be "Bloody Amazing Britain".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode