Rented Versys from Dubbelju in SF - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Rented Versys from Dubbelju in SF

Hi All.

I was sent to SF for work and missed the last few days of warm weather in Chicago so I decided to rent a motorcycle to enjoy the California roads and weather.

I found http://www.dubbelju.com/ and they had a Versys for rent so I figured I'd give it a try to see what a stock one feels like again (and to reaffirm all the farkles I've done, which it did). Reservations were pretty simple online and they were very nice and things went very smoothly.

One day I spent driving north of SF to Muir Woods and Reyes Point. The second day I went south to Half Moon Bay/Pescadero to visit http://harleyfarms.com/ which makes the best goat cheese I've ever had.

The weekend was a blast and gave me a chance to practice the twisties (I'm still a noob to those since it's a 2 hour drive from Chicago to decent curves in WI)

Here's a map of my routes:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...97358,2.113495

And a few choice pics:

Bikes: 2008 Kawasaki Versys, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - RIP 1999 Suzuki Katana
Cars: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 2007 Subaru Forester XTs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Looks like a nice trip. You hit some of our nice roads. Glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing the photos.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM

I rented that exact same bike from them to try out for a day before deciding to buy one for myself. They were great folks to deal with and I had a great day riding. So great in fact that I ended up buying one of my own...

Sounds like a fantastic ride you took. You hit up some nice areas around here...btw, it's Point Reyes...

Cheers!

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
MTS

Awesome photos!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

You're welcome guys. BaileyMan, I knew it was Point Reyes... must have had a brain fart at the end of a long day!

As I mentioned, this stock V also affirmed my farkles. Here are some notes.

- Speedy lowering kit - Stock ride height is actually fine for me, but the additional 1.5" on my lowered V make it easier to get my leg over the panniers when (dis)mounting the bike.
- Speedy flat foot - the reason the rental is parked somewhat precariously in the first picture is b/c i was looking for firm ground for the kickstand, but traffic was very light so no issue. I also felt that the stock V leans over a bit too much requiring a lot more effort to pull up straight.
- Speedy lowered foot pegs & high way peg mounts - after 3 hours of riding, my left knee started complaining about the stock location.
- Givi windshield - very useful. Stock is pretty much useless
- Hand guards - my hands were freezing at night b/c I brought my summer gloves and had no guards
- Grip puppies - provide a little more cushioning
- GPS mount & Power Port - both quite convenient as my old GPS started losing juice and I had to use my phone (in tank bag with clear top). The rental had a RAM mount and BatteryTender hookup, but I did not have the accessories to use them.

Bikes: 2008 Kawasaki Versys, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - RIP 1999 Suzuki Katana
Cars: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 2007 Subaru Forester XTs

Last edited by filbert; 11-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode