Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

4 x Versys X300 ride to Solvang

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Brockie 
#1 ·
Rode up to Solvang yesterday with a few buddies and 4 of us were on our new Versys X300 bikes for our first long ride. Will post a separate review of how it did with all my thoughts on the bike on a long ride. Anyway, here's some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Me too.

Have any of you had Versys 650's before the V 300's?

#8 ·
Did you get it and what's your thoughts?

Tell us about going to the 300 from the 650. I'm still on the fence about getting a 650 or 300x. Is the 300 okay on the interstate for an hour or 2 at 75mph? There is a used 650 here for sale with hardly any miles on it for the same price as buying a 300

#9 ·
V-Strom 650 vs. Versys-X 300

I have just added a VX300 to my garage. In comparison my V-Strom is big and bulky, and feels far heavier than the 45 kgs that is meant to separate them! I prefer to straddle the V-Strom while moving it in the garage but will happily walk around with the VX300.

The 650 has more torque where you need to keep the VX300 spinning. In the higher gears at least 5,000 rpm.

On motorways and long haul the 650 is best - but the VX300 will still get you there, but less relaxed. On back roads and dirt roads the VX300 is in its element - light, nimble, responsive. And that is on stock 90/10 tyres. Even with 50/50 tyres the relatively ponderous 650 is more demanding on dirt roads. When I first bought my DL650 I could not wait to get rid of its OEM 90/10 tyres. No such issues with the VX300.

The overall difference to me is the SLIM profile and lack of bulk - the less intimidating feel that although still a full sized bike the VX300 does not intimidate the rider. I bought one because I'm getting older and ride isolated dirt roads solo and was worried that I would strain something if I needed to pick up the DL650 unaided.

#10 ·
I have just added a VX300 to my garage. In comparison my V-Strom is big and bulky, and feels far heavier than the 45 kgs that is meant to separate them! I prefer to straddle the V-Strom while moving it in the garage but will happily walk around with the VX300.

The 650 has more torque where you need to keep the VX300 spinning. In the higher gears at least 5,000 rpm.

On motorways and long haul the 650 is best - but the VX300 will still get you there, but less relaxed. On back roads and dirt roads the VX300 is in its element - light, nimble, responsive. And that is on stock 90/10 tyres. Even with 50/50 tyres the relatively ponderous 650 is more demanding on dirt roads. When I first bought my DL650 I could not wait to get rid of its OEM 90/10 tyres. No such issues with the VX300.

The overall difference to me is the SLIM profile and lack of bulk - the less intimidating feel that although still a full sized bike the VX300 does not intimidate the rider. I bought one because I'm getting older and ride isolated dirt roads solo and was worried that I would strain something if I needed to pick up the DL650 unaided.
Thanks for your comments and observations. Very helpful to me as I become older (in my case 72). 0:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.