Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Now I need an Orange Helmet

8K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Turk 
#1 ·

Just came back from the dealership and picked up a 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT. *Technically I haven't picked it up yet, I am waiting on a few accessories that they will install before it's official but all the paperwork is signed.

Pic of new bike with smarmy looking owner.

See less See more
#2 ·
#13 ·
What shape head do you have? Better to determine that before selecting a helmet.

I have an LS2 modular which is a long oval. My measurement said by the XL. It was not as tight front to back as I would like so I bought a L liner to make it fit more snuggly. Guess my head is between long oval and intermediate oval. Intermediate ovals are too tight front to back in my measured size so I have to buy a thinner liner.

#16 ·
Just came back from the dealership and picked up a 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT. *Technically I haven't picked it up yet, I am waiting on a few accessories that they will install before it's official but all the paperwork is signed.

Pic of new bike with smarmy looking owner.

GREAT color !

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

:smile2:

#20 ·
Thanks, I've often get lots of attention and compliments for my pinkish-white skin... :grin2:

Oh, you meant the bike. Yeah, she's a real looker! I had to pass on the 2017 models simply because I wasn't interested in black or silver.

#25 ·
I bought an LS2 so that I could put all my green gun club (USMC) stickers on it (tastefully of course). Two reasons: one they don't make a USMC helmet worth a #### in my opinion and two I figured if I don't like it at least I am not into it for a lot. As it turns out it is a nice helmet for the price. I do not use it daily I use Shark and Scorpion. Its comfortable and vents well but is noisy. If it vents well then it probably is noisy which is why when I wear it is usually on trips/rides and I wear earplugs then anyway.

#28 ·

#29 ·
I just watched that video about an hour ago, weijo. You know, the headline, Now I Need and Orange Helmet was an overly clever way for me to introduce myself to everyone here and to show off my new orange Versys. Right now I'm still rockin' my green helmet and accented jacket on the Versys, peas and carrots.

I actually did find a few orange helmets I like but then I though I would need new jackets and all that stuff so I kind of cooled on seriously searching. Too many mods to do to the bike.

#30 · (Edited)
Congrats and good luck with the bike . I do like the color. Its funny but after all the years of riding and the bikes I have owned I don't think I ever had a helmet that matched the color of the bike I was riding at the time. I probably still have 3-4 helmets sitting in their boxes that I picked up on good deals. Now I did have an old bell star in the 70'S that was white so I guess that went with any color bike. Its funny I do have a Shoei Troy Lee Designed Joker helmet in Orange (I ride a green lt) that probably will match your bike .

#31 ·
...Now I did have an old bell star in the 70'S that was white so I guess that went with any color bike....
When I had my drag-bike I had a Bell 500TX helmet (white, of course) and had it painted a medium metallic green at a body-shop, then had it painted w/ a "Flying eyeball" ala Von Dutch, similar to this:

I wish I had a pic of it (or had just kept that helmet).

#37 ·
"Now I need an Orange Helmet"

You're a rattle can away from having an orange head.

(I would NOT recommend that BTW. My neighbor found out the hard way that painting one's war bonnet can lead to destruction of the ozone layer, and his helmet collapsed when he dropped it on the pavement. God's Truth. It looked like a reddish toadstool when it became two dimensional when it hit the ground.)

#38 ·
...You're a rattle can away from having an orange head.

(I would NOT recommend that BTW. My neighbor found out the hard way that painting one's war bonnet can lead to destruction of the ozone layer, and his helmet collapsed when he dropped it on the pavement. God's Truth. It looked like a reddish toadstool when it became two dimensional when it hit the ground.)
I too have read that IF you paint a helmet it's VERY important to use the CORRECT type of paint, or else you might destroy it.

#43 ·
Congrats Turk! Looks great. I had to wait 9 weeks to take delivery of mine 2 years ago. When it finally arrived, they stayed late on a Friday night to assemble it. Then Saturday morning, I got that call to come and get my bike. Funny thing though, when I get there (someone dropped me off), I had to wait like 3 hours for the bookkeeper to arrive and create a stock number so they could sell it to me. Luckily, I ordered it in March in Minnesota, so when it arrived it was still early in the season. I am still giddy about my Versys LT every time I ride it. Ha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.