Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Versys 300-x

14K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  saddlebag 
#1 ·
Any info on this bike? I want one fully loaded with side cases!

#4 ·
Got to sit on one at Daytona Bike Week 2017 this year! So light! Really nice....looks good fully loaded as well! Next to them was a 2017 Versys 650. Thought the instrument cluster would be different, but looked the same...not sure if the display is updated.

Attachments

#7 ·
I have money saved for a new bike. I've looked at Harleys, Hondas and everything else and keep coming back to the Versys. But I've already got a nice 09 650 Versys. What shall I do? I really like the 300-x, but it looks like the KLR. I like that it has the 300cc rather than the 650. My 650 seems to have more power than I really want.

#9 ·
gaaaaaaaa..... make it a 400/450 for very little weight change. its a stroked 250, they have Nicasil bores so no oversizes on pistons. you'd buy one of those too right? same weight with 5 more hp and better low end torque

been waiting for that bike for years

#12 ·
Looks like they have a green and a gray one at Temecula Motorsports out here in Cali..... &

#13 ·
#18 ·
I want a 300-500cc bike that I can take off road, tour, 5 hour trips, camping, and looks good. I want luggage space. I don't care about running 100mph down the freeway. I want gear indicator, usb adapter, fuel gauge, and decent seat. I was thinking the 300-x might fit the bill. I might be in dream land !!!

#19 ·

#20 ·
Two things struck me about the Versys 300 X when we got details.

Interesting: I judge bikes starting with the tires, more so than looks. The Versys line, until now, has been about street bikes, in my mind, because of the 17-inch tires. I know, I don't want to get into the debate about off-road capability, but I see a distinction with the V-Strom line, for example, with 19-inch front wheels that open up easy options for dual-sport tires. The odd thing is that the small Versys departs from that with a more dirt-oriented tire and the new small V-Strom departs from tradition with more street-oriented front tire. I'm not sure I understand what either manufacturer was thinking when they changed course.

Odd: The price. The little Versys is more expensive than the BMW G 310 R and probably will be more expensive than the comparable G 310 GS once pricing is out on that model. Since when is the Kawasaki more expensive than the BMW?

#22 ·
I stopped by my local Kawi dealer (where I bought my '15 650LT) to chat w/ the owner on Saturday. He had two 300s, one black, one green - then he had ONLY ONE - a woman was trading her nearly new Ninja500 on the green one. Chatted w/ her and her husband who rides V650, and hope to see them BOTH as members on here.

BTW - pretty awesome looking bikes...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

#24 ·
There are two green ones at my local stealer in Ocala, FL. I sat on one. Didn't seem much smaller -- might as well have the extra power.

#27 ·
My local dealer finally got a silver one in. I like it...but, don't like the Kaw side cases. The side cases are out of stock according to Kaw web side. They are pretty small. So far, there's no Givi hardware available for larger side cases. The seat didn't match me (comparing to 650 seat). I want one...but need larger side cases and top case ( I do lots of camping). Anyone have the Kaw side cases on theirs? Price is $5500 non ABS plus tax (Clarksville, Indiana).

#32 ·
took the wife on her first ride on the VX300. She really liked it. VX300 felt that it had more than adequate power on the freeway. Didn't even have to give it a lot to get it up to speed. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/NIHV2h-8_Gs
Funny how things change. When I was a kid I had a 90cc two stroke that I had no problem running down the back roads at 60-70 mph. My older brother got a Honda 350 and I thought that was insane. Now people are bored if they don't have a liter bike by the time they figure out how to shift gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.