Versys 300-x - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Any vibration at highway speeds? Will it run 80mph on freeway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

I stopped by my local Kawi dealer (where I bought my '15 650LT) to chat w/ the owner on Saturday. He had two 300s, one black, one green - then he had ONLY ONE - a woman was trading her nearly new Ninja500 on the green one. Chatted w/ her and her husband who rides V650, and hope to see them BOTH as members on here.

BTW - pretty awesome looking bikes...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Pretty damn smooth over 70 mph. However, the little beast will be reving close to 9500 rpm's. Its happy at those revs.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:46 PM

There are two green ones at my local stealer in Ocala, FL. I sat on one. Didn't seem much smaller -- might as well have the extra power.

2007 H-D Electra Glide (laid it down Oct. 2nd 2016 with almost 95K miles; may she rest in pieces)
Iron Butt Association
LAMA DAMA since 2014
Injuries: 20 broken bones & 14 metal pieces
Old woman riding since 1982

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A (wo)man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Can't find one in Indiana yet...still looking. Yeah, I was thinking the extra power might be nice. I want a new Versys...have 2009 now that I like. Itching for new one.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanebanger View Post
Any vibration at highway speeds? Will it run 80mph on freeway?
very minimal vibration on the fwy... 80mph is easy on it... although high on the rev range but you get used to it....
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

My local dealer finally got a silver one in. I like it...but, don't like the Kaw side cases. The side cases are out of stock according to Kaw web side. They are pretty small. So far, there's no Givi hardware available for larger side cases. The seat didn't match me (comparing to 650 seat). I want one...but need larger side cases and top case ( I do lots of camping). Anyone have the Kaw side cases on theirs? Price is $5500 non ABS plus tax (Clarksville, Indiana).
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:20 AM

took the wife on her first ride on the VX300. She really liked it. VX300 felt that it had more than adequate power on the freeway. Didn't even have to give it a lot to get it up to speed. Check it out.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Nice Video. Do you have side cases?
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanebanger View Post
Nice Video. Do you have side cases?
I don't... I have the Givi top case though....
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old Today, 02:19 AM

Garage
Sat on one of these bikes yesterday at the York Motorcycle Festival. It's a nice bike! So amazingly light compared to my fat V650. I can also flat-foot it!
If you're after a light dual sport bike then this is truely a great choice!

West coast is best coast!

My motovlog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode