2017 650 LT saddle bags top cover color - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

2017 650 LT saddle bags top cover color

I saw a 2017 650 LT Titanium today and this bike had the black top "covers" on the saddle bags. I did not realize this until now but the pictures on Kawi's website have them in matching titanium.

Does anyone have a 2017 650 LT in titanium? If so, what color are your saddle bags?

Thanks.

From Kawi's website:

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Versys-650-LT

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium ?

Last edited by 407guy; 03-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Garage
My 1000 came with matching cases that i took off. So i would assume the 650 should also. I know some folks had to wait for hand guards and matching cases last year...

Kawasaki Versys 1000LT by weljo2001, on Flickr
407guy likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:53 PM

Garage
I know a few months ago in Australia there was a promotion give away on plain black oem panniers. Same might be true for your area.
407guy likes this.

West coast is best coast!

My motovlog

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

Going to try reaching out to Kawi USA on Monday to ask if they can confirm what should come with the titanium 650 LT.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Well, Kawi USA was only able to tell me what parts are available for the 2017 650 LT. And they do have them in titanium:

99994-0422-725 (panel set)
99994-0423-725 (trim)

Interesting though is this dealership in PA has the black bags as well, like I saw this past Saturday. Still trying to figure out "why" in the USA the titanium LT has the metallic black side cases...

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...0-LT-121017634

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:29 AM

When I went to the motorcycle show in Dallas in February those bags were on the new 2017 black 650 LT and the titanium bike had the matching bags. This is strange indeed!
407guy likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

FWIW - when I got my '15 650LT (green), there was a difference between the general green color, and that of the 'saddle-bag-trim'.

You can see the difference in this pic - it's as if the bike had a "candy-apple green over gold base", while the bags were done "candy-apple green over silver base".

Kawasaki got me the CORRECT colored trim....

407guy likes this.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 03-18-2017 at 03:53 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Good to know Kawi came through for you!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Stopped by the dealership today for an update on the arrival of my 650 LT and was given some info on the side cases. Per the regional "Kawi rep" there was a shipment of bikes that only contained the black side cases. So what I saw at another dealership and my pix above from a PA dealership were a part of this shipment.

Per the dealership I "should" be able to pick up my 2017 650 LT in titanium this Thursday and that it will have the matching color side cases (like seen on Kawi's website). This is going to be a LONG six days for me....

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Ugh, so the bike the dealership is getting also has the black side cases. WTF?

Dunno what to think at this point: dealership playing games or the Kawi rep made a promise they should not have made (that the bike I was getting would have the titanium side cases)?

I did point out to the dealership about the replacement parts in titanium: https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/Parts...017/KLE650FHFX

I asked how long for them to get them and that Kawasaki should pay possibly for them.

The dealership did give me an "out" from my deposit but I said no, bring the bike in and I'll pick it up on Thursday.

My journey continues....

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:49 PM

As part of the wheeling and dealing, I got the dealer to give me a gift certificate to give me the Kawasaki Green trim (a ridiculous $45) for my black bikes hard cases, which the part department ordered. Maybe you could do the same for both pieces, or at least get dealer cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5326.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	117954  
407guy likes this.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
As part of the wheeling and dealing, I got the dealer to give me a gift certificate to give me the Kawasaki Green trim (a ridiculous $45) for my black bikes hard cases, which the part department ordered. Maybe you could do the same for both pieces, or at least get dealer cost.

Yeah, that's Plan B if they (either Kawi corporate or the dealership) won't pay for the replacement parts.

As you stated the trim is $45 and the top covers are $140. So that's about two bills to get the bike to look the way it's supposed to look...

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407guy View Post
Yeah, that's Plan B if they (either Kawi corporate or the dealership) won't pay for the replacement parts.

As you stated the trim is $45 and the top covers are $140. So that's about two bills to get the bike to look the way it's supposed to look...

As mine collect dust in the spare room...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
As mine collect dust in the spare room...
TRY makin' Joe an offer...!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
TRY makin' Joe an offer...!

I'll keep them incase i ever need them or if i sell the bike....The color match cases look good but they get all scuffed up from your boot hitting them. At least for me on my FJR.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Well, that was fun...

I asked for my deposit back. Once the sales manager said that if Kawi didn't pay for the titanium covers and trim to match what is shown on Kawi's website the dealership would NOT be paying for them, I had a decision to make: either go with the deal they offered with the black side cases and "hope" Kawi would pick up the tab or walk. I walked.

I did email the sales guy and said that whenever the dealership has a 650 LT titanium bike with the titanium colored side cases at the dealership to contact me to see if we can reach a deal.

I'm a bit bummed but I'm sure one day I'll be riding a Versys 650 LT in titanium, it just won't be this week.

quexpress likes this.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

You did the right thing IMO. That's BS from the dealer and Kawi. I'm really surprised. Good luck in the future and check other dealers.
weljo2001 and 407guy like this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 06:17 AM

Yeah I definitely wouldn't let a sale walk over some trim pieces if I was a salesman.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
407guy likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 09:15 AM

Garage
I would call Kawasaki's customer service line and let them know what happened. That is ridiculous. Shipping bikes with the wrong color saddlebags. What is going on at Kawasaki?

Many transactions include a sheet that says certain things need to happen after the purchase as part of the contract. For that dealer to say they would not pay for it either means you don't want to deal with them, or they cut the price to the bare bones and had no room to work with.

Either way, that sucks. Good luck finding what you want.
407guy likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407guy View Post
Well, that was fun...

I asked for my deposit back. Once the sales manager said that if Kawi didn't pay for the titanium covers and trim to match what is shown on Kawi's website the dealership would NOT be paying for them, I had a decision to make: either go with the deal they offered with the black side cases and "hope" Kawi would pick up the tab or walk. I walked.

I did email the sales guy and said that whenever the dealership has a 650 LT titanium bike with the titanium colored side cases at the dealership to contact me to see if we can reach a deal.

I'm a bit bummed but I'm sure one day I'll be riding a Versys 650 LT in titanium, it just won't be this week.

Have you considered the new, sexy, oh so 21st Century 'rattle can' Titanium finish? A thousand railroad car artists can't be wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode