It is a pain but you can always drill and safety wire the caliber bolts.
I have installed thousands of bolts over my lifetime, most were in difficult situations and possible dangerous situations, Electric overhead cranes, generally we disposed of lockwashers unless they were required because of depth of thread in a blind hole, any other time they were thrown out, as many failed on allen head cap screws under shock loads. I had several where the lockwasher broke, then the end bell started to shift and eventually caused the remaining bolts to shear off. As a standard practice, we would measure thread depth and if deep enough the washers got tossed and blue loctite applied, torque with caution because you are now using a lubed torque value as opposed to a much higher dry torque value. Never ever had a problem with bolts coming loose, however did run into problems with some people not knowing to use a limited amount of loctite, pouring on like ketchup expect to brake / shear off the head of the bolt, even with heat!!
One point that was brought to my attention in regards to loctiting steel bolts into aluminum, keep in mind the loctite is like a lube, very easy to exceed proper torque, use loctite sparingly, as to the use of a torque wrench, I use my previous experience and tighten by hand. What I found many times was people covered the complete thread like it was lube, then used a torque wrench and because this is now a lubed torque, they proceeded to strip the threads, next time apart they blamed the loctite for causing the damage, in reality they stripped the threads on assembly. This is a suggestion for aluminum, cover a total of 2 threads maximum with loctite , use the loctite on the last two threads closest to the bolt head, use approximately 35% to 40% of previous torque
( dry torque value is much higher than lubed torque), just remember the loctite is to maintain the final torque you provided, many bolts that I have just above snug have loctite on, are at least 15 to 30% below torque of the way I found them, so they are plenty tight to do their job, and could easily fall / vibrate loose and fall out, this is where a conservative amount of loctite can make a huge difference.