No front brakes!!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
Hmmm.... so it not just me! I picked up a new LT on Friday and the fuel pump packed in at 12 miles, the left mirror started flapping in the breeze at 13 miles, and a hundred miles later the handlebars seemed a bit loose.... indeed they were! Two of the bolts had not been tightened up fully allowing the bar to wobble about in the clamp. Screen screws were all loose, battery positive bolt was cross threaded (and still is) and the sidestand will not retract on its own!

I do not think the dealer has done a good job of checking things out so I am just going out to check the calipers!
Check everything you can. In my case, it's the opposite way around. It looks like EVERY fastener on my 2015 Versys has been over-tightened! I'm sure that they have used an impact wrench on most of these.

Good luck!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
Yup, that's a wake up call...

I was out riding my new kawi versys 650lt. It only has a bit over 600 miles on it. I got about a mile from the house, hit a bump and heard a weird double klunk from the front end. I'm trying to listen if something's loose in the fairing, hit some more little bumps and I can hear a light rattle. HMM. I stab the front brakes a couple times and the klunk is definitely in the front end. I decide I better pull over and see what's up... when I grab front brakes to slow down there was non. Zero, zip, gone. Fortunately there was no traffic, I rolled up the road til I could pull off using the rear brake.

Interesting. the right front caliper has removed itself from the fork. Bolts are gone, rim is torn up.

Fortunately the pads are thick so when the pistons went out far enough to make the pads touch I regained braking from the other caliper. Zip ties to the rescue, and I ride it home, carefully.

Upon inspection, there was apparently no thread locking agent on the caliper bolts, well at least in evaluating the caliper threads.

Still under warranty, kawasaki's problem now, not mine. I think I'm done riding today though... Steve
I'm glad that you have made it OK without being hurt. It could have been dramatic.
Hopefully the dealer will make it right for you.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode