RAISING THE '16 for repairs - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsad View Post
i like simplicity and yours appears the easiest. do you use the little nubby under the oil filter as the precise point of lift, or is there a better spot?
thanks again
bob
There is a flat spot just behind the oil filter (2015) and I use a rubber pad on top of the bottle jack. With the side stand it three points the bike (rear tire, side stand, and the jack). It only takes a little bit to get the front tire off the ground. On a good flat, solid surface it works fine. Not sure about gravel or any slope though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

thanks

so many have taken the time to help and i reaaly appreciate it. duffy, thanks for the heads up about bottle jack placement. i'll use tie downs on the rear of the bike and your bottle jack method. i'll take pictures and post as soon i i can.
thanks again to everyone.
bob
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Prop stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Onewizard......I got the impression that you were using the rear prop (piece of wood or an old crutch like Eddie) on the front also. I'm looking for something to raise the front if I have a flat while traveling. If you use that on the front, where do you use it.

Perhaps I got the wrong impression in my reading............it happens.
My prop stand works on both the front and rear, if you follow the link to how to thread, you will see a 1/2 inch stainless bolt by 3.5 inches long, with a stainless fender washer welded on it. The washer takes the place of the spool/ bobbin, the bolt is a exact fit into the right side of the front axle, with about .003 " clearance on each side ( total of .006 to .010 clearance, depending on the bolt manufacturer)
If you have a flat and want to take the front wheel off you are SOL with my prop stand.It is meant for on the bike repairs only!

I carry a tire plunger kit and compressor with me, a lot cheaper than paying for a tow, especially if you have no cell phone coverage, am I going to do 130 KM/HR after, NO , I will keep it just under that. OK this requires some common sense, I admit to doing my rear Michelin and putting on 1000 KM, went on a gravel road and the plug was pushed into the tire, lesson learned, yes that was when I was only 65, man learned a lot in 2 years, growing up to 67. Hindsight should have had some rubber glue with me, well reality is plugging is strictly to get out of trouble, first chance you should either patch the tire from the inside or replace it, on the front it is replacement only. This information is strictly my view and I don't recommend either way what you should do!

Last edited by onewizard; 03-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

My Prop Stand

I guess I am going to need to take a picture of the front and post it.http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...onewizard.html here you go , a prop stand that works for both front & rear , and works for anyone that can lift 30 Lbs.See my last post of that thread!

Last edited by onewizard; 03-13-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode