V-Stream Windscreen for Versys 650/1000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
V-Stream Windscreen for Versys 650/1000

Just ordered this to help with the wind. Went with the N20117 the taller one so will see how it works out......National Cycle | N20117 VStream® Touring Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 PM

Garage
Looks good, can't wait to hear how you like it.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentolio View Post
Looks good, can't wait to hear how you like it.

You bet...If it winds up in the For Sale section you'll know how i liked it...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You bet...If it winds up in the For Sale section you'll know how i liked it...
I'd take it off your hands, but I'm afraid that with the 3" or so of adjustability, you'll find a sweet spot with it.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I'd take it off your hands, but I'm afraid that with the 3" or so of adjustability, you'll find a sweet spot with it.

Yep, I was leaning toward the mid-size screen until i measured it compared to the stocker So i think the tall will be spot on, just wish it was tinted some. I remembered the Tall Parabellum on my 09 Versys was 23" tall

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:30 PM

Garage
I really like it. And the price is good. I'll consider it for the near future. I do get quite a bit of annoying buffeting with the factory screen. I'm getting tired of seeing blurry all the time

Ceasar

Don't plan, just ride

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uparmorjoe View Post
I really like it. And the price is good. I'll consider it for the near future. I do get quite a bit of annoying buffeting with the factory screen. I'm getting tired of seeing blurry all the time

I just installed it today. Really like it so far will try it at its highest setting tomorrow. Just about Mid-Way worked well today.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tall V-Stream delivered and installed.. Will try it on the lowest setting first....National Cycle | N20117 VStream® Touring Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys

P1010529 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Really windy day today 30-40 mph winds with gusts up to 60mph......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Went out today with the windscreen in the lowest position. You can't tell by the video but I'm looking way over the top of the screen. Seems perfect for city riding....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Garage
They seem to make great screens.

I have a V-Stream for my Gen One. Most often, I prefer to be in the wind with the smallest possible screen. But, when I have had the V-Stream on (which has been for 2 long touring trips) it really does create a noticeable difference in wind deflection. It is very good at doing the job it's supposed to do.

Always trust your cape.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Just ordered this to help with the wind. Went with the N20117 the taller one so will see how it works out......National Cycle | N20117 VStream® Touring Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys
Wait, when did you get another Versys? I haven't been on in awhile!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

HondaGalToo - you GOTTA hang around here MORE...!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
Wait, when did you get another Versys? I haven't been on in awhile!

Went and test rode one with the girlfriend on July 5th. After the ride she starts asking me a bunch of questions. Was it comfortable, Do you like it. Then she goes You should get it. So i said Okay. She loved my 09 V-650 and has given me hell ever since i sold it. We test rode a Green 1000 we both didn't care for the color so had them ship over a titanium one from their dealership in Costa Mesa. So picked it up the next day. Really do like it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:16 PM

I'm looking for a windshield that has superior rain protection. The windshield on my Electra Glide was so big I could ride through a typical 10-minute Florida downpour and come out only damp! I know that will never happen with the V, but still -- any input on that kind of windshield would be appreciated.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfla1 View Post
I'm looking for a windshield that has superior rain protection. The windshield on my Electra Glide was so big I could ride through a typical 10-minute Florida downpour and come out only damp! I know that will never happen with the V, but still -- any input on that kind of windshield would be appreciated.

Had a Tall Tinted Parabellum Windscreen on my 09 Versys. It was as big as a barn and provided lots of wind protection.......PARABELLUM Replacement Touring Windshield Kawasaki Versys 1000 2015-on

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Personally any windshield that will be large enough keep you completely dry is going to be big and not very good looking on the Versys. My suggestion would be good rain gear.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by james75 View Post
Personally any windshield that will be large enough keep you completely dry is going to be big and not very good looking on the Versys. My suggestion would be good rain gear.

It wasn't too bad looking..Image 2-22-17 at 7.32 PM by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I installed a Puig 5999 in smoke on my 2017 V1k. It's 19" tall. I cruise around town in its lowest position no problem. I had it up at its highest position recently on the freeway at 75-80 and no problems.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM

Garage
How do you like it?
I have a California Scientific, the Mid size. Love it, no buffeting like the original. I had no idea how bad it was before I replaced it.
Enjoy.

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode