OTD prices for 2015 or 2016 Versys in CA - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
OTD prices for 2015 or 2016 Versys in CA

If there's another current, relevant thread like this, please feel free to reference it.

Just got the bad news - my '09, which has just over 66K mi on it, appears to have a spun rod and, given the expense and mileage, I'm not likely to attempt a repair. It's too bad because I still love that bike.

But - I'm all in for a leftover '15 or '16 if I'm going to have to get a new one. I'm in CA and was hoping to hear what others have paid out the door recently.

OR - I'd be OK with a lightly used '15 or '16 if someone were senselessly thinking of parting with theirs. (I think any out of state bike would have to have 7500 mi on it in order to get it tagged here in CA - is that correct?)

Thanks for any info you can offer.
cbrf2_rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ft.Worth,TX. Norwalk CA
Posts: 13,149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrf2_rider View Post
If there's another current, relevant thread like this, please feel free to reference it.

Just got the bad news - my '09, which has just over 66K mi on it, appears to have a spun rod and, given the expense and mileage, I'm not likely to attempt a repair. It's too bad because I still love that bike.

But - I'm all in for a leftover '15 or '16 if I'm going to have to get a new one. I'm in CA and was hoping to hear what others have paid out the door recently.

OR - I'd be OK with a lightly used '15 or '16 if someone were senselessly thinking of parting with theirs. (I think any out of state bike would have to have 7500 mi on it in order to get it tagged here in CA - is that correct?)

Thanks for any info you can offer.

I thought the same thing about the 7500 miles before being able to register an out of state bike. But a new member here just bought a 2015 or 16 in Arizona and registered it in Cali. Seems if the bike is a 50 State Emissions bike which the Versys is now theres no issue which is good because we pay way more here in Cali than most for bikes...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
nos '15 lt

almost bought a new '15 from a dealer in lufkin, tx. you'd just need a bill of sale, so as not to pay sales tax and registration in texas. you'd wait until you return to cal. and title and registr the machine. there was also a good deal in las vegas. it was $5500+dealer crap, so out the door about $5900.
the only'problem' would be you'd have to ride the bike through beautiful country, back to your home. tough duty.
fun problem to have. if you need help riding, jsut let me know.
bob
bobsad is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Member
 
Exchinarider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
I know I'm a long way out here in Ohio, I just bought a new 2015 650abs for 6300.00 plus $249.00 doc fee. And I had been to the motorcyle show in Cleveland Ohio and a Kawasaki rep gave me a Kawasaki kash coupon for $500.00 off a new bike so that paid my state sales tax.
Exchinarider is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 89
Many deals out there for a new 2015 for $7000 out the door. I just bought a pristine 2015 with 2k miles and $500 in upgrades for $6000 last month. Good luck.
captpfd is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Exchinarider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
One other thing,when the dealer advertises a 2016 650lt on cycle trader for $7045.00 it actually turns out to be about $8500.00 out the door!
Exchinarider is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I thought the same thing about the 7500 miles before being able to register an out of state bike. But a new member here just bought a 2015 or 16 in Arizona and registered it in Cali. Seems if the bike is a 50 State Emissions bike which the Versys is now theres no issue which is good because we pay way more here in Cali than most for bikes...
I've seen some deals around Vegas, but figured I couldn't. That gives some good fly/ride options....Vegas airfare can be found pretty cheaply if you play your cards right. (please pardon the pun) Thanks for the info!
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsad View Post
almost bought a new '15 from a dealer in lufkin, tx. you'd just need a bill of sale, so as not to pay sales tax and registration in texas. you'd wait until you return to cal. and title and registr the machine. there was also a good deal in las vegas. it was $5500+dealer crap, so out the door about $5900.
the only'problem' would be you'd have to ride the bike through beautiful country, back to your home. tough duty.
fun problem to have. if you need help riding, jsut let me know.
bob
Ha...thanks, Bob. I hope to get myself into just that kind of tough duty ASAP. Have to badger some locals first, though. Thanks!
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Many deals out there for a new 2015 for $7000 out the door. I just bought a pristine 2015 with 2k miles and $500 in upgrades for $6000 last month. Good luck.
I got my '09 in July of 2010 for $7K out the door. 6.5 years later, with less 'unique looks' and more bags I'd feel pretty good about $7600 OTD but I don't know if anyone will bite on that quite yet...might get a little more urgent by May or so?
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Thanks Exchinarider for the tip about Cycletrader. I'm in Central CA and willing to go north, south, east or west for a better deal....all part of the game and all good by me.
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:47 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ft.Worth,TX. Norwalk CA
Posts: 13,149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrf2_rider View Post
I've seen some deals around Vegas, but figured I couldn't. That gives some good fly/ride options....Vegas airfare can be found pretty cheaply if you play your cards right. (please pardon the pun) Thanks for the info!

Yep, If i would have known sooner i would have got a Versys 1000 out of state and saved some cash. But i got a good deal for Cali got $3300.00 off the price. But when they boost the shipping and dealer cost up $2600.00 it sucks.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Roseville, Ca.
Posts: 74
Probably the most competitive dealers for price in Norcal are PCP Motorsports in Sacramento, and K&B Motorsports in Petaluma.
Buffalo_Bob is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
Probably the most competitive dealers for price in Norcal are PCP Motorsports in Sacramento, and K&B Motorsports in Petaluma.
Thank you Buffalo Bob. I've seen cycletrader ads from both of those. Both have a '16 in stock. Thanks for the good lead.
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
UPDATE - so, yeah....engine is shot, but there's an MC salvage place in Fresno that my mechanic trusts. If they have a gen 1 engine or can get ahold of one, I'll have the engine swapped out for about $600 or so. Whether I keep it or sell it, it's worth a lot more to me running that not. Pretty sure I'll sell it (fully disclosing all the details to the new owner).

Keep hollering back with any thoughts on what kind of offer anyone thinks a dealer would accept for a '15 or '16. Does anyone think $7600 is enough or am I dreaming?
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
the otd price is vegas was verified by me. can't remember the lady's name that was the salesperson, but the deal was legit. $5900 for a '15 LT.
bobsad is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsad View Post
the otd price is vegas was verified by me. can't remember the lady's name that was the salesperson, but the deal was legit. $5900 for a '15 LT.

Attaboy, Bob. Thanks for that.
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 11,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrf2_rider View Post
UPDATE - so, yeah....engine is shot, but there's an MC salvage place in Fresno that my mechanic trusts. If they have a gen 1 engine or can get ahold of one, I'll have the engine swapped out for about $600 or so. Whether I keep it or sell it, it's worth a lot more to me running that not. Pretty sure I'll sell it (fully disclosing all the details to the new owner)....
Don't forget that the Ninja 650 engine is nearly identical (just a few more horsepower), or a "cop motor" as jdrocks calls them....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Don't forget that the Ninja 650 engine is nearly identical (just a few more horsepower), or a "cop motor" as jdrocks calls them....
Thanks Eddie. Talked about that with my mechanic, too. Gives us options if the regular V motor is harder to find.

Last edited by cbrf2_rider; 02-18-2017 at 01:25 PM.
cbrf2_rider is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 9
I let my 2015 Green LT go for $4600 bucks... it was such a beautiful bike but needed the room in my garage. At least I took the beautiful Corbin seat off and put the stock back on before selling. I'm working on selling the seat now.
kvdreamer is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 89
Wow, that was a steal. That extra real estate in the garage was expensive to buy. Hopefully the new room is filled with another bike.
captpfd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome