OTD prices for 2015 or 2016 Versys in CA - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
I have bought the 650LT in Lufkin Tx that Bobsad referred to earlier. I am from the UK and was a tiny bit disappointed by the tax ($440) and dealer fees etc but it added about $850 to the price of $6599. Still a bargain compared to the UK - shame the has taken a nose dive though.

Not even seen the bike yet so I hope it will be ok!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
I have bought the 650LT in Lufkin Tx that Bobsad referred to earlier. I am from the UK and was a tiny bit disappointed by the tax ($440) and dealer fees etc but it added about $850 to the price of $6599.
Thanks for the info farmerboy.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:49 AM

I'm from the Fresno CA area. In early December I bought a used 2016 from a dealer in Arizona, it only had 1700 miles on it. Out the door was $6,400 plus another $250 to get it registered in CA. I got a flight from Fresno to Phoenix for $70 and then road the bike back.
If you buy an out of state bike make sure it has a California emissions tag (Sometimes call a 50 state emissions tag). you can buy a brand new bike from a dealer as long as it has that tag. If it doesn't then make sure it has at least 7500 miles on it.
I shopped quite a bit before I bought my bike. Don't waste you time with the local Fresno Kawasaki dealer. They had the arrogance to tell me they wouldn't even quote a price until I was serious about buying. When I told them I would need to seriously talk to another dealer they then gave me a verbal $12k OTD. I started calling other dealer is CA and they all beat the local guys pricing. I think at the time PCP Motorsports in Sacramento gave me the best pricing on a new bike and they were great to work with over the phone.
PM me when you get your new bike and we'll schedule a ride..

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 AM

I ended up not buying a Versys as a 2nd bike (my 13' C14 is the 2up and LD bike) due to worsening of my health condition. I cancelled the trip Austin to Los Cabos, Baja.

In that time I was dwelling between a V1k and a V650. The Lufkin TX dealer had the best OTD price on a 15' V650LT at $7560. On a 16' V650LT, $8360 OTD at Kawasaki City.

Cycle trader prices are very deceiving ass the dealers do NOT show the hidden fees... the only exception here in TX that I am aware of, it is Kawasaki City, a non-haggler dealer, at 2 locations, Lancaster and Irving, near Dallas. I have NO affiliation with them and never bought a bike from them either.... just very good references.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post
I ended up not buying a Versys as a 2nd bike (my 13' C14 is the 2up and LD bike) due to worsening of my health condition. I cancelled the trip Austin to Los Cabos, Baja.

In that time I was dwelling between a V1k and a V650. The Lufkin TX dealer had the best OTD price on a 15' V650LT at $7560. On a 16' V650LT, $8360 OTD at Kawasaki City.

Cycle trader prices are very deceiving ass the dealers do NOT show the hidden fees... the only exception here in TX that I am aware of, it is Kawasaki City, a non-haggler dealer, at 2 locations, Lancaster and Irving, near Dallas. I have NO affiliation with them and never bought a bike from them either.... just very good references.
I bought my extended warranty through Kaw City. Nice folks to deal with and they knew what they were doing. Efficient and knowledgeable, at least for my transaction that was handled over the phone. The warranty was about half the price of what it was in Florida.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode