Bike stands for Gen3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Bike stands for Gen3

I am wondering what stand folks recommend for the 2015 that do not require modifications to the back fender/lisc plate area? I wouldn't mind having a set that works. I tried a cheap china set from Amazon, but it was a no-go. At the moment, I am using for the right side, a 4 x 4 block of wood (screwed onto a larger platform to keep it stable) cut at just the correct height, and a scissor jack on the left.
I haven't modified the back of the bike and do not plan to.
Thx!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:11 AM

Garage
Something like this should work

Biketek rear paddock stand
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Something like this should work

Biketek rear paddock stand
Thanks, but I would like to be more assured. It looks too much like the one I had.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:54 AM

I use the pit pull forward handle stand on my 2015. Found one on craigslist for about $75.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	114977  

Last edited by turn8a; 02-12-2017 at 09:03 AM.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
I use the pit pull forward handle stand on my 2015. Found one on craigslist for about $75.00.
Cool. I was not aware of this product. I'll be getting one. Thanks!
turn8a likes this.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Or you could make a "crutch-stand" like this one....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Another question: will the Gen 3 accommodate a front head lift stand? Those seem pretty slick.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
Another question: will the Gen 3 accommodate a front head lift stand? Those seem pretty slick.
Yes, you just need to order the right pin.They are listed on the pit bull web site. You can also get colored rear spools.I went with the green ones.You can also find the front stands on craigslist.

Last edited by turn8a; 02-12-2017 at 11:02 AM.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Yes, you just need to order the right pin.They are listed on the pt bull web site. You can also get colored rear spools.I went with the green ones.
Sweet. This one is more than likely not as nice as Pit Bull, but is much cheaper and might do the job as well. It comes with several pins. https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcy...ead+Lift+Stand

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Turn8a, I just looked at my lower triple tree. There is a rubber grommet in the center. I am assuming this is where the pin goes. Shall I just select the pin that fits that grommet hole? Or pull off the grommet to reveal a larger hole? What do you do and what size pin are you using?
btw, you've been very helpful!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Turn8a, I just looked at my lower triple tree. There is a rubber grommet in the center. I am assuming this is where the pin goes. Shall I just select the pin that fits that grommet hole? Or pull off the grommet to reveal a larger hole? What do you do and what size pin are you using?
Yes, you pull out the rubber grommet. The pin size is 27mm if I remember correctly. I have a T-Rex front stand and it fits perfectly and is built like a tank.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
What green streak said .For the 650 I think pit bull calls for the standard pin plus the #2 adapter.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Great! Thanks you guys. So far, I ordered the Venom front stand. That rear Pit Bull is a little spendy, but it is the one I'll buy.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Another active thread on Stands

See post 33 &34 for a close up, and yes, I commented on the other thread, over $200 , My hydraulic 1000 LB lift was $100 more. Here is my post:Using Swing-arm Stand on Lowered 650LT - difficult to raise & interference w/R Fender

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...r-methods.html
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:38 PM

Garage
I'm in the same predicament. I just purchased a Pit Bull rear stand for my '09 in September of last year. It will not work properly on my '16 LT. It will work if I bob the rear fender but I'm not crazy about the idea (I will if I have to though). I'm considering getting pit bull stand model# F0082A-000 (aka the 'Busa rear stand) that per the description below, seems like it might work. Here's what their website has to say about it:

From: Pit Bull Products - Motorcycle Stands Busa Rear, Motorcycle Rear Stand (ZRX, ZX14, Ninja 1000)

Busa Rear Stand, height adjustable 11.75" - 14.75"

This stand was designed for use with late model bikes that have low hanging stock rear fenders and have not had a fender eliminator kit installed(like the 2nd gen Hayabusa, ZX14, ZX14R, Ninja 1000). This stand is also ideal for Kawasaki ZRX motorcycles to give better leverage when lifting than you would get with a traditional stand.

If you have installed a fender eliminator kit, you can simply use the traditional Spooled Rear Stand or the Standard/Spooled Stand. This stand has height AND width adjustability and is available exclusively with a removable handle.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
I'm in the same predicament. I just purchased a Pit Bull rear stand for my '09 in September of last year. It will not work properly on my '16 LT. It will work if I bob the rear fender but I'm not crazy about the idea (I will if I have to though). I'm considering getting pit bull stand model# F0082A-000 (aka the 'Busa rear stand) that per the description below, seems like it might work. Here's what their website has to say about it:

From: Pit Bull Products - Motorcycle Stands Busa Rear, Motorcycle Rear Stand (ZRX, ZX14, Ninja 1000)

This stand was designed for use with late model bikes that have low hanging stock rear fenders and have not had a fender eliminator kit installed(like the 2nd gen Hayabusa, ZX14, ZX14R, Ninja 1000). This stand is also ideal for Kawasaki ZRX motorcycles to give better leverage when lifting than you would get with a traditional stand.

If you have installed a fender eliminator kit, you can simply use the traditional Spooled Rear Stand or the Standard/Spooled Stand. This stand has height AND width adjustability and is available exclusively with a removable handle.
I've posted this on another thread, too, but I recently bought the Pit Bull SS stand from Revzilla, only to discover it won't work because of the fender. Revzilla, awesome as always, agreed to exchange it for the Pit Bull stand you refer to (even though stands that have been tried out are normally not accepted for returns). Mine should show up any day now. Revzilla also changed the description on their site to indicate the SS won't work on the MK3 Versys 650 and that the 'Busa, et al. stand should be used. I think they're also relayed that info to Pit Bull so it can change its charts, too.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post

Here is another less expensive option:
Black TRex Rear Motorcycle Stand V

The stand is built like a tank and works perfectly with the stock fender. I am currently using the zinc plated version of this stand on my '15 650LT.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Revzilla, awesome as always, agreed to exchange it for the Pit Bull stand you refer to (even though stands that have been tried out are normally not accepted for returns). Mine should show up any day now.
Excellent. PLEASE let us know how it works as soon as you try it out. If it works out for you, I'll order it immediately and put my old one up for sale.
Doug Just Doug likes this.

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
Here is another less expensive option:
Black TRex Rear Motorcycle Stand V

The stand is built like a tank and works perfectly with the stock fender. I am currently using the zinc plated version of this stand on my '15 650LT.

Looks interesting and I like the price much better. The only reason I lean toward Pit Bull is the optional removable handle which makes storage in my little one car garage more convenient.

post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

I went ahead and ordered the forward pull Pit Bull stand. I think it seems pretty slick. Looks easy to use too.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode