Bike stands for Gen3 - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
Hey I bought that same venom triple tree stand but realized too late that I needed a larger pin for it to work, did you ever get yours to work?
Haven't tried it yet.... oh oh!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Headlift Pins Kit #2 for Venom Motorcycle Triple Tree Headlift Lift Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
Hey I bought that same venom triple tree stand but realized too late that I needed a larger pin for it to work, did you ever get yours to work?

KapscoMoto

The required pin size is 27 mm.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post

KapscoMoto

27 mm to inches is 1.06". None of my pins are that large in diameter.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:11 AM

To follow-up on the PB "Busa" stand, I posted in the other stand thread that it also won't work with a Gen 3 stock rear fender, but there's a work-around of rolling the rear tire onto a piece of wood about 1" thick: 2015 Rear Stands
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
27 mm to inches is 1.06". None of my pins are that large in diameter.
That's right! Pin kit #2 needs to be ordered.

I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
To follow-up on the PB "Busa" stand, I posted in the other stand thread that it also won't work with a Gen 3 stock rear fender, but there's a work-around of rolling the rear tire onto a piece of wood about 1" thick: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ml#post1339121
Thanks for reporting this Doug. I needed this info. Think I'll order the T-Rex rear stand.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That's right! Pin kit #2 needs to be ordered.
The base of the pin is only .750" Are you saying the insert part of the pin is that much larger than the base? None in your photo look like that. (I have yet to pull off the grommet to check, btw)

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
The base of the pin is only .750" Are you saying the insert part of the pin is that much larger than the base? None in your photo look like that. (I have yet to pull off the grommet to check, btw)
I did not purchase these pins. I had a sleeve made by a machinist (because I did not know that these pins were available).
My suggestion would be for you to contact KapscoMoto. They will be able to tell you if the 27 mm pin would fit in your unit, or if another attachment is required.

I just shuffle slower.

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Got my delivery

Quote:

KapscoMoto

When I first saw the posting, with the 18mm pin, I thought, not screwing with that. Then this posting, yup ,delivery was I think $5 Canadian to my door, extremely well made and the price is right, took me a bit to realize that the lower portion needs to move. It came with two pins and hitch pins, two bolts with self locking nuts, a set of pins , largest being for the MK-3 , 27mm and a retainer for the pin. All wrapped in protective foam.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
When I first saw the posting, with the 18mm pin, I thought, not screwing with that. Then this posting, yup ,delivery was I think $5 Canadian to my door, extremely well made and the price is right, took me a bit to realize that the lower portion needs to move. It came with two pins and hitch pins, two bolts with self locking nuts, a set of pins , largest being for the MK-3 , 27mm and a retainer for the pin. All wrapped in protective foam.
You are most welcome!
It should prove to be quite useful.

I just shuffle slower.

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I did not purchase these pins. I had a sleeve made by a machinist (because I did not know that these pins were available).
My suggestion would be for you to contact KapscoMoto. They will be able to tell you if the 27 mm pin would fit in your unit, or if another attachment is required.
I finally went and popped off the grommet (it is still winter, no hurry!). Holy buckets, that hole is huge! Thanks for posting this so I can get the proper pin before spring.
I wonder why the photo from their website shows the wrong pins. That is quite ridiculous. Makes me question what you really get when you order.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT

Last edited by Squishman; 03-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:22 AM

A small input on this topic... I asked Pit Bull directly about the rear stand they recommend for my 2016 Versys 650. Here is our conversation:

Quote:
Question:
Hi, I have 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 and I'm looking for a rear stand. Which model can you recommend for me?

Answer
You will need our Forward Handle Spooled Rear, part number F0043-000. You will also need 8mm spools if they are not already installed on your bike. Below is a link for the stand.
Pit Bull Products - Motorcycle Stands Spooled Forward Handle Rear, Motorcycle Stand

Sincerely,

Leslie Dice
Pit Bull Products, Inc.
614 Pearl Ave.
Huntsville, AL 35801
P. 877-533-1977
F. 256-533-3395
I haven't bought the stand yet... but thinking about it I use my car's jack to lift rear wheel
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Those larger pins are on ebay for under $20. Same photo though. I ordered a set.
quexpress likes this.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
HI Squishman

Making sure the side stand is down I stand on the right side of the bike, right hand on the front brake, left hand on the passenger grab, and roll the wheels of my Pit Bull against the left foot.

The bike rolls forward a bit, and the stand goes out the back about a foot.

I then lean the bike to the left onto the side stand.

Much easier than trying to pick up the handle of the rear pit stand and balance the bike from behind.
I tried your technique, Big Aussie. Couldn't figure it out. But I solved the issue. I stand on the left with both hands on the handlebars (ready with using the front brake) kickstand has to be up (unfortunately), then use my right foot to pull the lever of the stand up. That worked rather nicely.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks quexpress. I got the right pin now. But now I have 9 pins I will probably never use in the next 20 years. The Venom stand is good and very easy to use. Except just a tad too short but a couple hunks of wood solved that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vemon.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	117858  
onewizard likes this.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode