Should I let the V go? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester801 View Post
****** I would REALLy like input on a literal difference on a seat. What would you guys vote for? The Seat concepts standard height VS Sargent world sport seat??....
I WAS gonna make the same suggestion that PHX_Joe just made - raise the FRONT of your seat BEFORE you try anything else...! Here's what about $2 will do, for longer bolts, a dozen washers, and a piece of scrap steel you have lying around your shop....

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
To be fair, most people who ride 200 mile days will be a little sore the next day. We are all built different, have various levels of strength and flexibility, some of us exercise and some don't. I doubt switching to a different bike you suggested will make a hugh difference. Take a few more breaks on longer rides and try not to grip the bike too hard on the grips. Good luck!
I just rode 100 miles round trip to pick up BBQ and I am only 10 weeks since major low back surgery. 250 miles is a normal Saturday ride, and 400 miles 40 times a year for work is no problem. Of course I exercise to make sure I am in shape for riding.

If 200 miles makes you sore, your are either out of shape, or don't ride enough, or both.

My Versys Travels:

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have done a 500 mile day before on the V and felt better after it than doing the same trip on the CBR. Since the risers The pain went from an 8 out of 10 down to a 4 out of 10 i would say. I don't know if I am being unrealistic, but I want it down to a 0.

2015 Versys 650LT

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I've done MANY very long days (up to D2D three times...). I wear a back-support as well as a raised seat, and don't recall ever having pain at the end of the day.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:37 PM

The only issue I ever had was my left hand/arm going numb. This typically happened to me after a week plus of riding every day (most all of the day) in a row. I'm not so sure it was my 08 Versys that caused it as I did a 5K trip on my 2011 Concours and I had the same thing happen to me. My Concours had Horizon Heli replacement bars that allow my riding position and arm position to be super relaxed. Not sure that this helps... but thought to mention it.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I just ordered a Sargent Seat, and Kaoko Cruise control (not really real cruise). I figure if I can take my right arm off the bars and alternate hands on those super long stretches of nothingness It might help out.

Thanks again everyone for your input!! While I wait for my Sargent I am going to try raising the front of my stocker too.

2015 Versys 650LT
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I ended up getting the Sargent world sport seat, MotoWerek 1.5" Risers, and a Kaoko Throttle Lock. Hopefully I can ride in the next few weeks ( cold out right now ). I couldn't find a position I liked with the 2" rox risers. They are up for grabs for cheap if anyone wants.

2015 Versys 650LT
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to SmoothRoad Send a message via MSN to SmoothRoad
Versys verses Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester801 View Post
So I have had the 2015 Verses 650 LT for 1 Full riding season and am debating letting it go.... sadly....

I have been eyeing up a 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000.... so the reach I think is what is killing my shoulder blades.

It sounds like you've identified overreaching as the probable cause of your sore shoulders, but you would want to verify that before buying a new bike. Also, are there perhaps other factors driving your desire toward a new bike, in this case the Ninja 1000? I would suspect there are.

I have a Ninja 650 (2014) in addition to my 2016 Versys 650 LT. I haven't been on a Ninja 1000 but the ergonomics are not too different from a Ninja 650. The one thing I would say is that with the Ninja you would probably solve the reach issue but you might sacrifice some seating comfort due to the forward lean, and the Ninja rear suspension won't be as compliant on rough roads. These factors could result in less comfort, not more.

Just some thoughts.

Doug in San Antonio, Tx
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men (John 1:4 NASB)
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:45 AM

this is a good web site to check out motorcycle ergonomics Motorcycle Ergonomics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode