Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Using Swing-arm Stand on Lowered 650LT - difficult to raise & interference w/R Fender

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  quexpress 
#1 ·
Using Swing-arm Stand on Lowered 650LT - difficult to raise & interference w/R Fender

Just lowered my 650LT with the Motowerks lowering kit and bumped in to a couple of side-effects that I have not seen in any of the discussions on the subject.

1. I've found that it makes putting the bike up on my Pitbull stand much harder.

2. To my dismay, when I remove the stand, I find that the stand hits the plastic fender flap that the license plate is attached to and twists it, thereby placing a lot of stress on the plastic itself as well as where it is mounted! (plastic piece HERE, part# 35019 and 019A).

Am I the only one who has noticed this (yes, I have searched for this)??

#2 ·
I had the same problem with a non-lowered 2007.

After I broke the rear reflector I removed the number plate, cut the plastic tail at a point it couldn't be seen, doubled up about 3" of the plastic, drilled and bolted it together and put the plate back on.

No one can see the difference, the reflector still points backwards, and the stand doesn't hit any more :)

Instead of bolts you could use pop-rivits or glue but I had some 4mm x 13mm / 1/2" long bolts and washers sitting around.

#8 ·
The first thing I did when I got my LT last week was cut about six inches off the tail where it meet the license plate. Looks like it came that way from factory. Use a nice black license plate cover to finish the look off.
Excellent.

Where did you get the license plate frame? Dealers around here (Houston) used to give them to you for free if you were a regular customer but they don't anymore.

#10 ·
OK, so we've talked about one of the two problems with trying to put a lowered Gen 3 Versys up on a rear stand... the interference of the rear fender while trying to raise or lower the back end. The other problem is the greater physical effort required to get the bike up on the stand because it has been lowered.

My stand is a Pit Bull stand and the arms to which the spool forks are attached are not adjustable to make them shorter, so I need a stand with shorter arms. Anybody use a stand right now on a lowered gen 3 Versys that works well and has shorter arms? If so, what brand and do you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.