windshields with tint - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cheftyler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

windshields with tint

Does any company including KAWI make a tinted windshield that looks just like the OEM on a 650? I actualy like the look of the OEM but want it lightly tinted. I have heard where people have painted the inside of their windshield to tint it but I'm not sure that would turn out to good. Maybe at a paint shop but not a rattle can job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:57 PM

Garage
I like this....National Cycle | N20115 VStream® Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys . But why not just have your OEM tinted if you like the look....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Does any company including KAWI make a tinted windshield that looks just like the OEM on a 650? I actualy like the look of the OEM but want it lightly tinted. I have heard where people have painted the inside of their windshield to tint it but I'm not sure that would turn out to good. Maybe at a paint shop but not a rattle can job.
What year versys?

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Mine is a 2015. What is the process for tinting a OEM windscreen? Has anyone on this site done that? I'm all ears.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i tinted my screen on my 08 with just a rattle can and it came out just fine, just clean it up really well and lightly fog the inside of the screen(hold it a bit over a foot away and make very very light passes) with some gloss black,

yes im a guy. and i have a husband
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Garage
Tinting and painting the inside are not the same thing IMO.

Tinting can still be looked through. Painting, no.

Most people who change out a shield do it for different air flow.

To tint, you would need some type of dye, stain, etc. Maybe make friends with someone at one of those 1 hour eyeglass places and do an 'under the table' deal.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Tinting and painting the inside are not the same thing IMO.

Tinting can still be looked through. Painting, no.

Most people who change out a shield do it for different air flow.

To tint, you would need some type of dye, stain, etc. Maybe make friends with someone at one of those 1 hour eyeglass places and do an 'under the table' deal.
Or just buy tint film from Auto Zone and do it yourself.
silviefox likes this.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Or just buy tint film from Auto Zone and do it yourself.
Just what I was going to suggest...!

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 PM

Garage
Or get a really big pot.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:37 PM

I purchased an OEM (gen 2) windshield from member 'bwwoodard', which he had painted black inside. It looks fantastic on a black 2010 and given the size, you wouldn't look through it in any case. I don't have a pic on the bike (big Givi on for the 'winter' in AZ) but perhaps Byron does, and could also advise the method & materials used.

I'm considering masking off the lower portion of the Givi and doing the same, as like the look of the fairing blending into the windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM windscreen BLK.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	113682   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM windscreen BLK 2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	113690  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 09:57 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode