Lowering the Versys 650 last question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Lowering the Versys 650 last question

OK 2015 650LT and using the Motowerks lowering kit. In the directions you must bend the plate holding adjuster. My question is: Does anyone that has done this mod see any issue with bending the plate back if and when the bike gets sold down the road and the new owner wants stock height back? I actually don't like the new location of the adjuster once the plate is bent. Anyone else tried anything other than bending the plate? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:10 PM

Garage
I didn't like the location either, so on my deal I used the bending plate to position the adjuster like the 2017 V650, same place but more horizontal. Works fine, just enough clearance with the shock spring.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Not sure what exactly you are referring to. Would you be kind enought to take a picture so I can make sense of that. Didn't realize the adjuster was different on the 2017. thanks.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:36 AM

Garage
O K captpfd,
on your 15V650, the adjuster points kinda down and forward. You want it more horizontal and perpendicular. Don't use the little 90 degree piece that comes with the kit. On my 15V650, it clears the shock spring and doesn't foul the rear line. I can't post a pic, my wife has the family camera.
Speedy makes some nice stuff, but I didn't follow instructions exactly. Same with lowering the front and the kickstand mod.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Returning to Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
OK 2015 650LT and using the Motowerks lowering kit. In the directions you must bend the plate holding adjuster. My question is: Does anyone that has done this mod see any issue with bending the plate back if and when the bike gets sold down the road and the new owner wants stock height back? I actually don't like the new location of the adjuster once the plate is bent. Anyone else tried anything other than bending the plate? Thanks.
I don't see a problem bending the plate back, after following Speedy instructions, I moved my assembly back a bit. As to the location, once I had the setting dialed in for my weight and riding preference the location became a non issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode