Finally in the garage - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

11Likes
  • 3 Post By captpfd
  • 3 Post By quexpress
  • 2 Post By captpfd
  • 3 Post By captpfd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Finally in the garage

Took delivery of my 2015 650 LT in Pearl white late last night. Got this cream puff from a member on this site and it is awesome. Can't wait to add a few custom touches to it and log some miles. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them up. I bought a Kawi OEM gel low seat from a member this week and will get that installed also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:18 PM

Congrats. Enjoy it.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:13 AM

Garage
Congrats.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Talking Let The Farkeling Begin

It just never ends, especially when you join a forum. Pictures keep a coming,
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:41 AM

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Note: I have no time to waste because Iím older at this moment than Iíve ever been before,
Ö and itís the youngest Iím ever going to get.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Took the bike on it's maden voyage about 90 miles yesterday and I'm very pleased. Don't miss not having the gear indicator, love the LT bags, very peppy for a 650 but I only weight 170lb. Mods so far: removed some stickers, cut about 6inches off the tail license plate area, turned horn 90degrees inward,ordered 2017 red rim tape for the 1000 versys to put on the 650, still need to get lowering kit installed and kickstand shortened this weekend. Who knows after that but just lots of riding this beauty. BTW, it did have a buzz in the instrument cluster, called the original owner who advised me that it was common and he had not addressed the problem yet. I read the threads and just added a small thin piece of rubber and tucked in at the top and as of now it is not buzzing. Time will tell but not a big deal really cant hear it when helmet is on anyway. Pics to come.
weljo2001 and uparmorjoe like this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Took the bike on it's maden voyage about 90 miles yesterday and I'm very pleased. Don't miss not having the gear indicator, love the LT bags, very peppy for a 650 but I only weight 170lb. Mods so far: removed some stickers, cut about 6inches off the tail license plate area, turned horn 90degrees inward,ordered 2017 red rim tape for the 1000 versys to put on the 650, still need to get lowering kit installed and kickstand shortened this weekend. Who knows after that but just lots of riding this beauty. BTW, it did have a buzz in the instrument cluster, called the original owner who advised me that it was common and he had not addressed the problem yet. I read the threads and just added a small thin piece of rubber and tucked in at the top and as of now it is not buzzing. Time will tell but not a big deal really cant hear it when helmet is on anyway. Pics to come.
Nearest auto supply store, I bought windshield wiper washer jet hose, the smallest made, ran that around the instrument cluster, end of problem, cost about $3.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...6-post114.html c/w picture of 07

Last edited by onewizard; 01-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:13 AM

Garage
Pics or it didn't happen...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

That is on my list for this weekend. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops in the last two days to get it inspected and titled. What a pain!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

First time to post with pictures, hopefully I can make this work. Installed the motowerks lowering kit yesterday, raised the forks in the steering head clamps, that was not easy, and kickstand mod. Raining now so can't ride so far to test the lowering stance. Did not follow Motowerks instructions on changing the location of the adjuster but found another way to keep it looking original. Thanks to a fellow member for this advice. I can provide details if anyone is interested. All I can say is I am loving this bike and can't wait to log some miles this Spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04190.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	113761   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04191.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	113769   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04186.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	113777   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04187.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	113785   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04188.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	113793  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04189.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	113801  
quexpress, uparmorjoe and Wolfcamp like this.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:29 AM

Looks great! I'm partial to white, my '13 is white!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Why did you part with the low seat?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:16 PM

Garage
That white looks really good...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:21 PM

Welcome. Love the white color on the bike.

There is a also a cheap lowering kit available if the seat does not lower it enough.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Why did you part with the low seat?
I lowered the bike with Hyperpro springs and that made it low enough.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:50 AM

Garage
Very nice. Partial to that color also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode