Versys 650 LT - Panniers Removal - Help! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Versys 650 LT - Panniers Removal - Help!

I've got a new 2016 650 LT and the panniers on it are driving me crazy as I'm having great difficulty getting them off. The instructions are awful. I'm able to undo the "push latch" and scoot them back, but once there I cannot get the pannier to come out.

What's the secret???... face Mecca while singing Purple Haze???

EDIT: I FINALLY got them off after a considerable amount of pulling and wiggling around. I was afraid I was going to break something in the process.

There's got to be an easier way of getting these blasted things off! The instructions show it to be so simple... just slide back and pull them out.

I hope I don't have this much trouble when I want to put them back on!

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Wolfcamp; 01-05-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:03 AM

Garage
They are a bit troublesome to remove. I have the same complaint. No trick, I just wiggle them until they come loose.

Ceasar

Don't plan, just ride

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:58 AM

Garage
Spray on some of that water displacement #40. That stuff does everything

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:48 AM

What I found that "works" is to unlock the case, pull-up the release, then while holding the handle with one hand take the other hand and smack the case on the front (driving it rearwards-doesn't take a "big" whack). Once it slides back that 1" or so it will pull straight outwards and be off. Reinstall is just a reverse of removal except smack on the back of the bag driving it forward. It really doesn't move much, and it doesn't take much force. The heel of your hand works great.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
What I found that "works" is to unlock the case, pull-up the release, then while holding the handle with one hand take the other hand and smack the case on the front (driving it rearwards-doesn't take a "big" whack). Once it slides back that 1" or so it will pull straight outwards and be off. Reinstall is just a reverse of removal except smack on the back of the bag driving it forward. It really doesn't move much, and it doesn't take much force. The heel of your hand works great.
That's what I started doing. Giving it a good whack from the front gets them off.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

MINE were very hard to remove at first, but after a few times OFF & ON, they became easier.

Ed

'08 V - BIG RED - AZ, '15 V650LT - the GREEN HORNET TOO - BC, and ('09 V - the GREEN HORNET - recently deceased..
..)

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, June '13

My Versys trip to D2D 2015, June '15

My Versys trip to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

The whacking technique is what I use as well except that once it's all the way back, it will not just pull straight out. It acts hung. That's the point at which I wiggle the heck out of it to try to get it to release. It took 3 or 4 attempts before I was able to get my left bag out. Maybe with practice it will get better... hope so. Also hope that the panniers go back in much easier than they came off.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode