Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Just Bought A New 2016 650ABS

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jnor 
#1 ·
This is my 3rd Versys...although i've strayed away a couple of times, they are my favorite bikes in 45+ years of riding...

I rode it to breakfast on Tuesday morning (I picked it up late Monday from Iron Pony Power sports). I started out on one of my 22 mile "loop" rides, and ended up riding 200 miles :)..

The difference between the gen1 V's and the '15'16's I felt soon: The better ergo's, wind protection, ABS brakes, and the suspension !! I could tell that it handled much better by it needing very little to no bar input on corner entrance and tracking thru the corner, also fewer vibes...IMO Kawasaki took a very good motorcycle, and made it better.

I've said it before it's maybe the best motorcycle...ever I Luv It !!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Jnor,

Great testament to the Versys line in your statement. I have a first gen. and a chum of mine bought a hold-over non-current 2015 for his daughter. Of course he is bogarting it and putting all the break-in miles on it for her.

Neat to park them side by side and look for the subtle and of course the more obvious changes between the two. I confess I have not ridden it yet.

They are handy bikes to have around..... in some of that same sense as a KLR, certainly a touch more refined.

:exactly:

Ride safe.....
pictures or it didn't happen!

#8 ·
Nice bike

Can the ABS be disconnected if you are on a dirt road?

#9 ·
Al - I just rode a bunch of 'gnarly' trails this morning, up near the Big White ski area, and I made a 'point' of using LOTS of rear brakes on the descents.

Rear wheel locks-up just FINE, and slides great! NOTHING disconnected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.