Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2015 V650 LT handguards rubbing

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  james75 
#1 ·
Other people with the 15+ V650 LT, do you handguards rub against the dash plastic when you turn the handlebars all the way in one direction? Mine creak against the plastic, and I'm wondering if they were installed improperly.

#8 ·
The position of the handlebars rotated up or down can make a difference. When I rotate mine upwards for standing on the pegs the handguards do contact the windshield. You can also adjust the handguards relative to the handlebars. Just push them up a little bit and see if they stop rubbing.

#10 ·
I think that adjustment must be the answer here, my 2015 650 LT's stock handguards don't touch anything, including my Givi shield. Some people find them bumping aftermarket shields too.

#11 ·
So I adjusted the hand guards, and lo and behold, they no longer rub! My only concern now is that the clutch cable is running over top of the handguard bracket and looks like there's some upward pressure on it. Is the clutch cable running ABOVE or BELOW the handguard bracket on your bike? I've attached a photo of how mine is run.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Can you post a picture from the side, so I can see where exactly you moved them? In the pic you posted, mine look to be in about the exact same spot and still hit the dash up by where you would install the power outlet and gear indicator. I haven't tried moving mine yet, but I'm having trouble seeing how adjusting them will keep them from hitting and still be effective.

#14 ·
On a side note: did Kawasaki figure out a better spot for the power outlet for 2016? With the 2015, you obviously cannot have something plugged in there with the LT handgaurds in place. I put my power outlet inside the left fairing, so it's no big deal to me, just wondering if they solved that.

#15 ·
No, the 2016 is exactly the same as the '15. I'm going to do what I saw someone else do on these forums. Install a USB power plug, then buy a short USB extension cable with a 90 degree connector on the end that plugs in. The handguards will clear it then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.