Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Front Break line 2015

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BayouVersys 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me why the break line is looped to a bracket on the frame from the res (pump assembly)? I need to replace my lines and this seems odd. Why can it run for the pump to the caliper(there are spots where it is mounted on fork and on the fender). Stock lines are stupid in cost and I was thinking because I getting mine made local that I could just cut this 4 to 6 inches out. It loops through this bracket. Part 11054

2015 Kawasaki VERSYS 650 ABS (KLE650FFF) Brake Piping | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

Any ideas?
Woodman
:cheers:

#2 ·
Not necessary. You can just run each line to the calipers. I went with some Galpher SS Lines off of eBay on my 09....

IMG_1494 by weljo2001, on Flickr

#9 · (Edited)
as the other two have mentioned....

this diagram is for ABS versys

On ABS versys you CANNOT run a dual banjo on master cylinder to have separate front lines directly to calipers. Yes a great Idea... to eliminate loop over fender .. but not for Versys 650 ABS Bikes.

I can only comment on my 2012 Mk2 Versys 650 with ABS... the front lines are PITA to fit as the join to the hard line is behind the stearing head on right hand side and above the engine... fun to get at!!!

is is clear in the 2014 ABS pic here: - but the 2015 ABS pic does not show a screwable join fitting rather a swaged line.
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/52bc6707f8700245fc6a45f4/brake-piping

If you were going to run separate lines to calipers on ABS Bike you need to have custom made a 1-IN/2-OUT block placed somewhere near the streering head. It is doable but custom. You are adding more failure points in the braking system IMHO.

Don't worry about separate line on front calipers for ABS bike.
I was very happy upgrading to SS lines over stock.

#11 ·
On non ABS, the twin stainless front line from the MC down to the calipers is the only way to fly. I had the Galfer on my 08', zero issues. I did several brake conversions on Ninja 650's retrofitting a radial piston master cylinder from the ZX6 and doing the twin line mod. You wanna stop, then that is a great upgrade on non ABS V650's. On the ABS, I'm taking notes from you new gen guys. I would still like that look of twin lines when I get my 16', I'm sure I could find the parts I know I would need to do it right. It is much cleaner and makes removing calipers for maintenance so much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.