Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Interesting electrical problem

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 ·
Back when my Versys was new (2012) I replaced the city light and the number plate light with T-10 LEDs. Amazingly 4 years later and 50,000 km later they are still working perfectly until the other day when checking the bike over (I sold it to my son) I noticed the number plate light wasn't working. I figured it had a good run and as my son had an incandescent 194 bulb laying around and I had no white T-10's left we would put that in for the time being.
Pulled the LED and I tried it in my home made tester and it worked fine :confused: tried the incandescent in the bike and it didn't work. Obviously no power to the socket. Pulled the seat off and had a look at the wires going to the tail light area and found a plug not connected. It must have been left loose when I fitted the Custom LED tail light a couple of years ago and eventually worked it's way out.
Connected it back up and threw the LED back in :yeahsmile: we have light.

#4 ·
Lazy Electrons

Yes the newer bikes aren't built like the bikes of the 40's and 50's , the electrons have gotten lazy, mind you I wouldn't know first hand as that was before my time, just going by what the old timers say around here.

:huh::rolleyes:

#7 ·
That's Magic Smoke

Printed circuit boards / electronics in general , referred to as Magic Smoke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.