Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Farewell my friend...

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rayj 
#1 ·
Well, since 2012 I have been the proud owner of a 2009 Versys 650. it's been a fabulous bike and has given me no problems at all. It let me log over 44,000 miles on it and enjoyed every mile. last year I jumped over the fence and bought a BMW F 700 GS, ( also a good bike ) My wife was interested in the Versys that made my day!! We sold her Kawasaki Vulcan and lowered the Versys, and also raised her boots, she stuck with it for a year and realized it was still a bit too tall for her.... I knew this day would come, I now have to sell my fist motorcycle.... It's amazing how attached you can get to something material like this. I did all the maintenance on it my self and kept a log of everything done and the dates. This bike still just a smooth running as ever, still noting wrong with it, just have to part ways to make room for the next bike my wife gets. If you guys know anybody looking for the perfect bike, I'm in North Georgia, I'll be happy to show it off. I'm asking $3000, new Michelin pilot 3s, new chain and sprockets, Givi saddlebag mounts, and 2 different seats, are going with it. as well as barkbusters hand guard rails. Thanks for the ride of a lifetime !

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's great that you got an average of 10K trouble free miles per year. Says a lot about the V and your diligence on the maintenance. I too have a 2009 I got in 2013, but am not putting many miles on it. I am going to PM you on the seat. Take care. BTW, when first looking at getting back to biking after 40 years in the summer of 2012, I was looking at that naked F800, and still may go to that family/size of scoot sometime in the future. Some people say the beemers have not soul. What's your response. A guy I ride with has 70K on an RT1150 and would argue that remark as he has had about 50 bikes in his life, and the RT the longest.

#7 ·
When I first got the beemer and really road it, I didn't like it, I thought I made a huge mistake in buying it. It took me, no kidding 2 months before I really enjoyed the bike. It wasn't as comfortable as my versys, and the clutch seemed touchy. But after some time I started seeing and feeling things that I liked, I went back to the Versys just to keep it running a few days and really saw the difference in low end torque. That 800 cc Beemer realy flies of the line without even trying to. Now I love it as much as the Versys, but the Versys will always be first in my heart. Short answer is right now I don't feel any soul with it, but there might be one in ther somewhere.:grin2:

#4 ·
See you have an ER6-N Belly Plate on it and thats not a stock exhaust. When i sold my 09 i got quite a bit more by selling most the farkles and putting it back close to stock..

#6 ·
Yeah, I forgot to mention, it has a leo vance exhaust, and givi windscreen with Madstad adjustable bracket. Good idea, I might part out some of the farkles, and sell it in a more like stock condition.

Thanks,

#10 ·
its always sad to say goodbye and i have the same model-09 and still in love with it. Just came back from Burma and only had a minor leakage on the front fork. Otherwise the bike is pretty much the same from the day i got it.

Wish you all the best and safe ride.

#11 ·
There seems to be a growing trend of people wanting parts off my bike, I'm wondering if it's best just to part out the entire bike. Would anybody be interested in other parts as well? Keep in mind, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the bike. So every part is in great shape. Let me know what the interest level is and maybe I'll go that route.
Thanks,

#14 ·
I could see some of the farkles and upgrades being sold off to get some money that might not be realized if you sold the V with them on it. However, as I have rarely seen the major components for sale on this site, i.e. the engine, frame and tank, and would think that after the parting out starts, you would be left with a lot of items, and never realize the same amount you might get for a bike that is intact. Just MHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.